[Jobposts] Systems Engineer at Grooveshark
trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:27:07 UTC 2015
Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA.
Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to Grooveshark recruiter's
inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
Grooveshark is seeking an experienced and talented Systems Engineer who can
help design, implement, and manage all the underlying data stores,
application services, queues, and custom-written subsystems that power
At Grooveshark, we believe everyone should have access to the music they
love. You will be joining a dedicated, energetic team of people who are
looking to change the face of the music industry and who wholeheartedly
support open music. We want passionate individuals who believe in our
mission and who will contribute new and creative solutions to our cause.
• Contribute to the design, implementation, and management of all the
underlying data stores, application services, queues, and custom-written
subsystems that power Grooveshark.
• Align performance and scalability requirements for new projects with the
capabilities of our infrastructure.
• Monitor and forecast the performance of our infrastructure and prevent
any bottlenecks from occurring by optimizing code and scaling services.
• Serve in an on-call rotation as a tier 2 contact for any service
• MS or BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
• Substantial experience in developing and debugging in one or more of the
following languages: Python, Ruby, PHP, C, C++, Java, Erlang, Nodejs, or Go.
• A good understanding of TCP/IP and its implementation and configuration
• Experience with Linux kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and
• Substantial experience and deep knowledge of one or more of the following
projects: Mysql, MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop, Postgres, Nginx, Varnish, or Chef.
• Prior contributions to open source projects.
• A deep understanding of the underlying hardware properties (CPU, memory,
and disk architecture, etc) of modern x86 servers.
• Substantial experience with Chef or Puppet.
• Experience in large scale, distributed computing systems.
• Extensive experience with the source code of one or more of the following
projects: Mysql, MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop, Postgres, Nginx, Varnish, Chef,
the Linux kernel, a modern Linux filesystem, or Linux network driver.
• Laser tag expertise.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Flexible Schedule
• Stock Options
• Lunch and Dinner provided in office............for FREE!
• Private Artist Sessions - From the smallest local bands, to the biggest
main stage names, we like to bring artists to the office to show them what
Grooveshark is REALLY all about!
• Tickets to shows, concerts and events
• Recreation Space - When you’re ready to take a break from your busy work
day you'll find a full jam room, a video game room containing every console
you could ever want, an analog game room with all sorts of board games,
ping pong, a bean bag pit, and much more!
• Shark+ Deals - In an effort to support local businesses and reward our
employees, Grooveshark has teamed up with companies all around Gainesville
to offer discounts at many different types of establishments
More information about the Jobposts