[Jobposts] DevOps Engineer at DreamHost
trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:25:25 UTC 2015
Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA.
Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to DreamHost recruiter's
inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
DreamHost is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer that has experience in
large scale environments. You must be capable of working on full stack
infrastructures with experience developing, maintaining and improving
existing and new product architectures. Programming experience is required
with at least one high level language such as Ruby, Perl or Python.
Experience building and growing large scale monitoring and datastore
infrastructures with technology such as Logstash, Splunk, Redis, Graphite,
and ElasticSearch. This role will be a Senior Engineer, and work with other
Senior Engineers building and growing platforms with support from a group
of Linux Admins, Security Engineers and Network Engineers.
• Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing
applications, software, and operating systems.
• Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of
software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration,
mapping, processes, and service records.
• Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and
implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and
charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
• Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, web/front-end, and backup
servers and their associated software into cohesive enterprise-level
• Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware,
and other applications.
• Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system
performance statistics and reports.
• Plan and perform OS and software upgrades.
• Create and maintain kernels and OS packages.
• Provide general assistance for Tech Support and Datacenter Operations
• Assist in the development and implementation of disaster recovery plans.
• Perform general documentation, classes, training, and diagramming.
• Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems
development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost
effectiveness and systems flexibility.
• Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or
outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
• Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed
systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
• Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for
modified and new systems.
• Conduct research on software and systems products to justify
recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
• Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends,
standards, and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical
journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,
regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
More information about the Jobposts