[Jobposts] Linux Systems Engineer at MEDHOST

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:49:10 UTC 2015

*Title: Linux Systems Engineer*
*Location:* *Nashville, TN*

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to MEDHOST recruiter's inbox
and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1DEsNhH

Bring your Linux game to one of the best healthcare IT software development
shops around. We are looking for an experienced Linux Systems Engineer to
add to our Enterprise DevOps team to design, develop, and implement
solutions that drive reliability, repeatability, and efficiency through
automation. If you like to work with talent, solve challenging problems,
and learn every day, then this is your new home!
• Design, develop, and implement:
o Infrastructure automation: puppet, git, vagrant, ruby, perl
o Continuous integration solutions for geographically distributed software
development teams
o Production deployment solutions: infrastructure updates and installs
(Tomcat, JDK, etc) and application updates (war files, db scripts, etc)
o Security Policies and SSL configurations
o Diagnostic monitoring tools
• Work with the product development architecture teams to design solutions
for new and existing products
• Provide input to our RHEL program on future direction and future
requirements of product development
• Automate all processes around software builds, release management, and
configuration management
• Work with hardware, support, and implementations to ensure smooth
transitions of changes to production environments
• Collaborate with technical writing team to maintain installation and
support documentation.

Requirements:
• 3-5 years experience with Linux administration and/or development
operations
• Strong Linux (Redhat/CentOS) administration/configuration skills
• Installation and configuration of: Apache Tomcat 7, Java JDK/JRE,
ActiveMQ, PostGres
• Experience supporting Java based web applications
• Proficiency with shell scripting and Perl programming
• RPM Package creation and installation
• Configuration Management tools (Puppet/Chef)
• Software repositories (GIT, SVN)
• Solid understanding of the SDLC
• Diagnostic/Monitoring tools: Linux OS, Tomcat, JRE
• Large scale geographically distributed software deployment
• SSL configurations, firewalls and load balancers
• Negative pre-employment drug and background tests.

Preferred skills:
• PaaS, AWS, Cloud Foundry, Docker
• Satellite, SpaceWalk,
• Jira, Stash, Confluence
• IBM As400, iSeries, Systemi
• CI tools (Jenkins, bamboo)
• Experience with VMware or other virtualization technologies
• Java development

With Regards,
Ron D