[Jobposts] Sr. Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Manager at goBalto

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:47:51 UTC 2015

*Title: **Sr. Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Manager*
*Location: **San Francisco, CA*

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to goBalto recruiter's inbox
and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1HbuV2q

*Overview:*
As a member of goBalto’s DevOps team, you will work in collaboration with
the Engineering and QA teams. You will be working on integrating and
facilitating frictionless deployment flows, writing our infrastructure as
code using Chef & Ansible, continuously improving our automated deployment
& test processes, creating custom service checks for our Xymon monitoring
system, and be an integral part of the team that is responsible for
maintaining a stable infrastructure with 99.9% uptime across the board. You
will also participate in our on-call rotation.  As a member of the DevOps
team, you must be willing to roll up your sleeves to share the tasks
involved, and be a major contributor in terms of working with the director
to make decisions about our platforms. This position reports directly to
the Director of DevOps. The title of DevOps Manager may be considered only
for those candidates we feel have previous, significant management
experience.

*What You’ll Be Doing:*
• Configuration management (we use Chef & Ansible): mustbe able to write
Chef cookbooks and Ansible playbooks. Chef experience is required.
• At least 2 scripting languages (bash / perl / ruby / python / etc.)
• AWS (we use VPC / EC2 / S3 / Route53 / IAM / CloudWatch / Zocalo);
Rackspace experience okay.
• Linux troubleshooting skills (we use Ubuntu on nearly all servers)
• nginx / haproxy / unicorn
• CI systems: TeamCity, Jenkins
• Expertise in version control systems (we use git)
• Databases: Postgres preferred, MySQL okay.

*Skills Required:*
• 4+ years of professional work experience as a DevOps Manager / Site
Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer / Systems Engineer
• Previous experience working in a startup environment or with a small team
• Proven experience with Chef (authoring cookbooks, recipes, etc.). This is
required.
• Proven experience and knowledge working with open source databases
(MySQL, Postgres, etc.). Setting up master/slave replication,
troubleshooting, basic operations, not necessarily with writing query
optimizations.
• Proven experience working well with junior and senior level team members.
• You believe everything should be automated
• You are passionate about tooling and well-run systems
• You see beyond what is, and drive for what should be
• Passionate about change and smart about risk

With Regards,
Ron D