[Jobposts] Senior WebOps / DevOps Engineer - UK Locations
D.Grant at kainos.com
Thu Sep 25 11:08:37 UTC 2014
Role: Senior WebOps / DevOps Engineers
Salary: Dependant on location and experience - roles available at all levels with market leading salaries
Contracting opportunities are also available with excellent daily rates
Visa Requirement: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Relocation Available: If you are eligible to work in the UK we are willing to offer a relocation package for permanent employees.
Kainos is currently building a world leading DevOps capability while allowing our DevOps engineers to work at the forefront of digital transformation. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with a strong infrastructure background wishing to apply DevOps principles on digital transformation projects and programmes which seek to achieve Digital by Default and put the user at the heart of this transformation.
* Deploying and overseeing on-going operation of digital services and solutions.
* Deploying and configuring server infrastructure via configuration management tools and associated toolkits.
* Leveraging Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) methodologies to implement build and deployment pipelines.
* Delivering robust, scalable, open, secure, reliable and high performance solutions.
* Working as part of an agile delivery team in the fulfillment of project requirements.
* Presiding over the availability, infrastructure, business and application monitoring aspects of deployed solutions.
* Collaborating with development teams regarding the configuration and deployment of applications.
* Embracing open standards in identifying 'fit-for-purpose' solutions.
* Engaging with third-party vendors in the provisioning of SaaS/IaaS/PaaS solutions.
* Working in adherence to strict security standards and engaging with development teams to ensure that developed solutions are also suitably secure.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual possessing exceptional communication skills coupled with strong IT skills and a thirst for best practice in the deployment of robust, scalable, open and secure web infrastructures. Whilst the following skills are a guideline to our requirement, candidates will recognise that their skills will evolve and develop throughout their employment.
* In-depth knowledge of configuring and managing Linux platforms.
* Experience in designing and deploying multi-tier server architectures for use with Service Orientated Architectures (SOA).
* Experience of configuration management tools such as Puppet/Chef and associated technologies e.g. Ruby ERB, Rspec.
* Experience of CI tools and familiarity with the CD methodology in reducing the deployment lag of getting code into production.
* Experience of networking protocols and their optimisation.
* Experience of deploying to IaaS/PaaS platforms.
* Applied problem-solving using strong scripting skills.
* Familiarity with securing public facing web services and working within secure environments.
* Experience of working in an agile manner.
* Experience of using database technologies and knowledge of their high-availability/redundancy offerings e.g. MongoDB and Replica-Sets.
Kainos are 50th in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for, we provide digital technology solutions that enable companies to work smarter, faster, better, and we've been doing this successfully for more than 26 years. We employ over 500 people and have offices in the UK, Ireland and Poland.
Our clients are predominantly in the Public, Healthcare and Financial Services sectors, and include well-known global organisations and large government departments. We pride ourselves on our people; they are knowledgeable, enthusiastic and have a work ethic that our clients tell us is unique and we are looking for more!
Learn more about Kainos and the work we do by watching the below videos:
* We are Kainos<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e-JxYXgBgE> - A short video about who we are our work in Gov
* Delivery Digital<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBahGughr28> - A more detailed look at what we have done in the Government space
* Grow your Career at Kainos<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVZyJpA5YUE> - A view of what it is like to work here and what you can get out of Kainos
* Kainos Delivers Workday into Travelex<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVZyJpA5YUE> - A quick look at one of our Workday delivery programmes
You can apply by contacting myself, Daniel Grant at d.grant at kainos.com<mailto:d.grant at kainos.com> or by going to our careers page<http://www.kainos.com/careers/vacancies/> and reviewing the available roles and applying directly there.
Daniel Grant | Talent Acquisition Lead | Kainos | d.grant at kainos.com<mailto:d.grant at kainos.com>
Follow the Kainos buzz on: Twitter<https://twitter.com/kainossoftware> Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/KainosSoftware> Linkedin<http://www.linkedin.com/company/kainos> Youtube<http://www.youtube.com/user/KainosSoftware>
This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and is strictly confidential; if you are not the addressee please destroy the message and all copies. Any opinion or information contained in this email or its attachments that does not relate to the business of Kainos is personal to the sender and is not given by or endorsed by Kainos. This email has been scanned for all known viruses by EOP but is not guaranteed to be virus free; further terms and conditions may be found on our website - www.kainos.com "Kainos" is the trading name of the Kainos group of companies comprising the parent company, Kainos Software Limited, registered in Northern Ireland under company number: NI019370, having its registered offices at: Kainos House, 4-6 Upper Crescent, Belfast, BT7 1NT, Northern Ireland, and its wholly owned subsidiaries. The subsidiary details can be found here<http://www.kainos.com/discover-kainos/corporate-information/>.
More information about the Jobposts