[Jobposts] Senior Systems Administrator - UNIX
TArling at iso-ne.com
Wed May 7 14:02:30 UTC 2014
We would be grateful if you could post our opening on your Job Mailing List.
tarling at iso-ne.com
ISO New England Inc.
One Sullivan Road | Holyoke, MA 01040-2841
Web<http://www.iso-ne.com/> | Careers <http://www.iso-ne.com/careers> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=7458914&trk=my_groups-b-grp-v> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/isonewengland> | App<http://www.iso-ne.com/isotogo>
ISO New England is considered to be Guardian of the Grid, helping to protect the health of New England's economy and the well-being of its people by ensuring the constant availability of electricity, today and for future generations. ISO New England meets this obligation in three ways: by ensuring the day-to-day reliable operation of New England's bulk power generation and transmission system, by overseeing and ensuring the fair administration of the region's wholesale electricity markets, and by managing comprehensive, regional planning processes.
Senior System Administrator
This position is responsible for all aspects of system administration, architectural design and ongoing maintenance for a large Red Hat Linux and VMware vSphere installation base. Individual should be comfortable working in a team environment and excel in collaborative problem solving. This position requires the candidate to work on multiple priorities simultaneously and the ideal candidate will be well organized and be capable of managing a busy work schedule with multiple demands on their time. The system administrator role requires participation in an on-call rotation every fifth week, which entails responding to after-hour trouble calls from IT Operations Technicians and reporting to work, if necessary.
* Monitor server performance and take appropriate actions (e.g. tune)
* Perform operating system upgrades and assuring the quality of fixes and enhancements
* Assist others in analyzing and resolving system and application problems
* Specify, obtain quotes, and order hardware and software
* Promote a culture of compliance by understanding and following IT policies and procedures
* Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure effective and efficient changes to the IT infrastructure
* Assist with root-cause analyses
* Assist with efforts to prepare for and participate in IT audits
* Assist with development of Request for Proposals and evaluation of responses
* Assist with development of standards and procedures for specifying and maintaining servers, storage, and special purpose work stations
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
* 7 - 10 years of relevant experience to include having managed and maintained Unix/Linux platforms and clusters
* Experience installing, configuring, and managing VMware virtualization technologies
* Excellent technical and communication skills
Desired qualities include:
* Experience with CFEngine configuration management of large infrastructure installations
* Experience with Pacemaker/DRBD Clusters
* Experience with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Location / Benefits:
ISO New England is located in Western Massachusetts specifically Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, a competitive Medical and Dental plan, 3 weeks paid vacation, 401k with match and company sponsored pension plan. All benefits start on your first day.
Submit your resume via our website at www.iso-ne.com/careers<http://www.iso-ne.com/careers>.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
More information about the Jobposts