[Jobposts] Crisply Software Engineer Job Posting

Jillian Richardson jillian at crisply.com
Mon Apr 14 15:51:55 UTC 2014

Looking for Software Engineer with Data Science Background

Office Location: Cambridge, MA

*What Does Crisply Do?*

The age old question in business has always been: “Where does the time go?”
Crisply is here to solve that mystery. We help quantify the work of
individuals and organizations, all without error-prone manual time sheets.
The impact that Crisply makes for an organizations' ability to
scientifically measure all of their human work is huge.

For companies that bill time, Crisply interfaces to billing systems. For
everyone else, Crisply provides data and analytics to execute more crisply.

You can learn more about Crisply on our website: crisply.com.

*Who we are looking for:*

The primary requirement for this position is software engineering. We need
someone who has the training and experience to create world class software.
Additionally, we want someone who has training and experience with
statistics, applied mathematics or machine learning. This is a unique
opportunity for someone who has mastered the realm of "data science" to
apply their skills to our current machine learning framework.  That person
would work closely with our Chief Scientist, an award-winning researcher in
applied mathematics and former Yale faculty member, to develop and
implement new methods for understanding unstructured data.

*Requirements:*

   -

   Software engineering experience
   -

   Data mining, statistical, 'big data' (whatever you want to call it)
   awesomeness
   -

   Ability to perform both alone and as a team on research-level projects

*Bonus Points:*

   -

   Experience using Ruby
   -

   Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
   -

   Experience in data visualization and data metrics

*Responsibilities*

   -

   Code
   -

   Innovate
   -

   Collaborate
   -

   Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
   -

   Pro-actively look for ways to make Crisply better

*Why You Should Work Crisply:*

Our team enjoys a collaborative work environment in the primo location of
Kendall Square.  We offer all of the excitement of a startup, while
maintaining a sincere respect for work/life balance. Plus, we have a
kitchen full of free coffee, espresso, soft drinks, snacks and other
goodies. You heard us right. And, of course, we have all the latest
technology to make sure you can execute your work easily and crisply.

We want to increase the diversity of our workforce to improve equal
employment opportunity for our employees.