[Jobposts] OpenGeo IS Hiring

Camille E. Acey camille at opengeo.org
Mon Jul 23 21:50:04 UTC 2012

OpenGeo <http://www.opengeo.org>, the world leader in enterprise-level open
source geospatial software, is looking for more fiercely intelligent and
tenacious people to help us expand the reach of our open source geospatial
solutions.We employ many of the leaders in the field and we offer enviably
interesting and challenging working environments (*NYC, DC, VIC,BC – oh my!*)
with some of the most sparklingly brilliant human beings around — all of us
putting our heads together to build, promote, support, and sell the
solutions that challenge the status quo and help tackle some of the most
pressing problems the world over.

*Who We’re Looking For:*

***Recruitment Associate*<http://opengeo.org/about/careers/recruitment-associate/>
– Are you a connector? A people person? Are you less than six degrees away
from Kevin Bacon <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Degrees_of_Kevin_Bacon>?
If so, you might be just the person to handle our recruitment efforts. We
need someone friendly, creative, hardworking, and persistent who can be out
on the scene(s) talking to people about the great work that OpenGeo does
and luring great potential hires into our hiring
funnel<http://www.alignmark.com/Portals/35308/images/hires_funnel_new.jpg>.
This position will also be responsible for helping us build up our office
and presence in Washington, DC, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves.

*Software Developers
<http://opengeo.org/about/careers/software-developer/>*-  Using only
the power of the OpenGeo Suite and their gigantic brains, our
developers help governments, NGOs, and companies around the word develop
solutions in areas ranging from transportation to disaster management. To
qualify, you must have an eye for detail, a passion for learning, and the
ability to work against strict deadlines.  Our developers must be
persistent, engaged, and eager to work with a team to deliver robust
solutions and support to our diverse clientele.

*Project Manager <http://opengeo.org/about/careers/project-manager/>* -
OpenGeo seeks someone with the firmness of an Army General and the
tenderness of a Little League coach to help manage our developers on client
projects.  If “GET IT DONE” is your catchphrase, APPLY! If you are a
multitasking ninja, APPLY! If you had your own Checklist Manifesto
<http://www.amazon.com/The-Checklist-Manifesto-Things-Right/dp/0805091742>long
before that slowpoke Atul Gawande put pen to paper, APPLY! If you are none
of these things but know someone who is, TELL THAT PERSON TO APPLY!

….but WAIT! THERE’S MORE! Check out the full list of open
positions<http://opengeo.org/about/careers/>to apply via the website
and/or spread the good word.
Thanks,
Camille E. Acey