[Jobposts] Jive Software in Palo Alto, CA is seeking a permanent full-time Linux Systems Administrator

Michael Villarreal michael.villarreal at jivesoftware.com
Fri Aug 24 18:57:48 UTC 2012

Jive Software in Palo Alto, CA is seeking a permanent full-time Linux Systems Administrator.

You may view the official position description and also apply here:

http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=o4FFWfw4&s=Mikes_LinkedIn

(We are able to transfer an existing H1 Visa and can sponsor a Green Card.  However, we are not able to sponsor a NEW H1 Visa.  This position will allow for relocation and we will assist, but no telecommuting.)

Sr. Systems Administrator - Palo Alto, CA

Jive Software's Hosting Architecture team is seeking a highly motivated Systems Administrator with the perfect mix of technical know-how and operations experience. Jive powers the largest online communities in the world and is the leader inthe Social Business space. As a result, we’re building our infrastructure from the ground up to meet and exceed the scale demands of where we are going. The ideal candidate has a strong background in Java web application management and 24x7 Linux operations experience. This position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of Jive's expansion of its Hosting team and Jive's overall growth.

Responsibilities

  *       Install and maintain Java-based web applications and their supporting software stacks.
  *       Monitor hosting systems and respond to alerts through troubleshooting, triage, and escalation.
  *       Document hosting systems, installations, and incident reports and resolution.
  *       Perform system and application administration.
  *       Participate in rotating on-call coverage for 24x7 operation support.

Required Skills and Experience

  *       Minimum 5 years experience managing and troubleshooting Internet-facing Java-based web applications, including servlet containers Tomcat and Resin.
  *       Minimum 5 years experience managing and troubleshooting Internet-facing Linux environments, including common protocols/standards and servers (RedHat Enterprise Linux, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, Apache httpd).
  *       Minimum 5 years experience managing and troubleshooting SQL database servers (PostgreSQL, MySQL).
  *       Experience developing Java-based web applications, including JSP/servlet coding.
  *       Experience working in a high-availability environment, providing 24x7 service.
  *       Experience with various monitoring tools (Zenoss).
  *       Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python).
  *       Experience working automated deployment tools.
  *       Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
  *       Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
  *       Experience with Hadoop is a plus.

Thanks!

--
Mike Villarreal
Technical Recruiter