[Jobposts] Site Reliabilty Engineer role with Nutanix, a stealth mode startup - Santa Clara, CA

Ravi Pindiproli pindiproli at nutanix.com
Thu Mar 31 17:42:59 UTC 2011

Hello All,

Nutanix is working on a virtualization appliance for the next generation
cloud computing and since we are in stealth mode, I cannot divulge too many
details. The general problem that we are trying to address has been known
for a while, but no company has succeeded in building a complete system due
to the complexity.  With careful design and proper execution, we know we can
make it work.

We have distributed systems professionals on our team who were part of the
handful of people that built Google File System.  Our Founders, having
worked in organizations such as Oracle, Google as well as young startups
like Aster Data Systems, are well rounded experienced Silicon Valley
entrepreneurs.  We have also raised a record Series A funding from
Lightspeed Ventures.

We are seeking Site Reliability Engineers with stellar Linux Administration
skills to join our team.

We are ramping up quickly and plan for aggressive growth in the next 12
months and this could significantly become a multi-billion dollar
opportunity.  If you are interested to know more I would be happy to speak
with you to discuss our offerings in greater details.   Thank you for
reading my note and looking forward to hearing from you.

Site Reliability Engineer

Nutanix is looking to hire a stellar SRE to help its Customers experience an
enriched and successful product experience. Our product is based on an
innovative architecture using the next-generation distributed computing
concepts. It runs on a cluster/cloud of servers and leverages solid state
drives for delivering innovative features and high performance.

- Help debug and diagnose customer issues in the field

- Improve serviceability of the product by developing tools to scale the
field deployments

- Have a big picture of how the product needs to improve, given all the
feedback from the field

- Be the champion for all customer feedback, especially the small ones that
don't get Product Management's attention

- Work with Product Management to identify components that are weak and
require patching the product too often in the field

Skills:

- Excellent Linux administration and debugging skills (filesystem,
networking etc.). VMware and other hypervisor experience a plus.

- Excellent communication and analytical skills

- Strong command on scripting; ability to pick up Python as the language of
choice for tools development

The position is based at our Santa Clara, CA office. Write to us at careers
at nutanix dot com, if interested.

Ravi Pindiproli

Member of Recruiting Staff

Nutanix