[Jobposts] Linux Desktop Support opportunities

Nancy Vite nvite at milestonepowered.com
Wed Nov 17 19:12:36 UTC 2010

We're MILESTONE, an IT solutions company in the Bay Area and we're hiring for full-time opportunities for our direct global client in San Francisco and Sunnyvale!  If you're interested or have any referrals, please send your resume to nvite at milestonepowered.com<mailto:nvite at milestonepowered.com> for immediate consideration.

Position Title

Linux / Mac Desktop Support Technician

Job Description

Linux (Ubuntu) /Mac Desktop support for employees needing help with technical issues.

Perform scripting, software and hardware installation/configuration/repairs.
Administer file and folder permissions on network.

Maintain and monitor all network activity in regards to servers and connectivity.

VPN software, set up and administration.

Image and deployment of machines.

Help install new desktop systems for new employees.

Job Qualifications

Strong knowledge and desktop support experience in these areas: Linux (Ubuntu), Mac, PC, Windows, hardware installation and configuration.

Familiar with using backup software.

Familiar with VPN software, set up and administration.

Knowledge of imaging and deployment of machines.

Outstanding customer service and interaction skills.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.

BS degree preferred and 3 - 5+ years minimum current Linux (Ubuntu), Mac and Windows desktop support experience.

About MILESTONE

Founded in 1997, MILESTONE is an IT infrastructure life-cycle support company. This means that we help our clients solve business problems at any point along the physical life-cycle of their IT systems, equipment and technology. MILESTONE provides IT support through a suite of technology service offerings. Each is a specialized discipline that targets solutions to client's engineering or technology problems.

         Relocate IT - Expertise in the care and handling of IT equipment during the move.

         Assess IT - Analysis and engineering client's readiness for the next generation of equipment or technology.

         Unify IT - Professional services and equipment unifying voice, video, data, email, wired and wireless technology forming a real-time unified communication network.

         Manage IT - Optimization with managed IT support teams and resources delivering a wide selection of customized solutions.

Employees

MILESTONE serves clients in 30 countries and growing in North America, EMEA and APAC. Our employees enable our organization to develop, manage and execute projects for our clients with outstanding quality and service.

Culture

We foster an environment of "energetic fun", where with hard work and a great attitude, positive results happen spontaneously.

We invite you to find out more about what MILESTONE can offer to your career path. We look forward to the unique contribution you can make to our organization. For more information about our company:  www.milestonepowered.com<http://www.milestonepowered.com>

Nancy Vite
Recruiter

[cid:image001.png at 01CB8648.56D9C230]

nvite at milestonepowered.com
Main:  (510) 651-2454
Desk: (510) 360-5129
Fax: (510) 651-3130

Milestone Integration Services Ltd Dublin, Ireland

Business Solutions.