[Jobposts] Intel www.MeeGo.com---> Open Source Community Manager #587756 (1 Opening) Hillsboro, OR.
Kemp, RobertX S
robertx.s.kemp at intel.com
Fri Nov 5 18:15:46 UTC 2010
This is a new opening at Intel in Hillsboro, Oregon. Sorry for sending out so many job openings earlier this past week. I will not be doing that again. :)
Open Source Community Manager #587756 (1 Opening) Hillsboro, OR.
Community manager needed to work on some of the most important open source mobile and embedded projects in the fast-paced and fun Open Source Technology Center at Intel. Responsible for growing, engaging and tending a technical community of open source developers, advocating on behalf of the community as well as ensuring that the strategic intent for the community site is being met. The role addresses both the internal team (stakeholders, contributors and the management team behind the community) as well as an external audience.
The community manager is responsible for engaging the open source community, championing the products, technologies and the company, and being a community advocate. Day-to-day responsibilities include monitoring and participating in the community, answering technical questions, leading the content strategy and its execution, tending community growth and analyzing community behavior.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ability to excel as an individual and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-centric, ambiguous and interrupt-driven environment
- Some administration of community tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Bachelors Degree with major in computer science or other technical field combined with a minimum of three years equivalent work experience or the equivalent in relevant technical work experience.
- 1 year of in-depth knowledge and previous work within Open Source communities using mailing lists, IRC and wikis.
- Experience working in embedded Linux or mobile would be an advantage.
To apply online please go to http://www.intel.com/jobs/jobsearch/index_js.htm?Location=200000090 click "show search", type in the job number listed in this job description listed above then, click on search for jobs.
Feel free to call or send me an email if you have any questions. Thanks, in advance.
Direct Line: (503) 456-1879
Robertx.S.Kemp at Intel.com<mailto:Robertx.S.Kemp at Intel.com>
More information about the Jobposts