[Jobposts] Linux Developer #584727 (2 Openings) Hillsboro, OR.
Kemp, RobertX S
robertx.s.kemp at intel.com
Wed Nov 3 17:14:17 UTC 2010
Linux Developer #584727 (2 Openings) Hillsboro, OR.
Join the Wireless Technology & Product Linux(WTPL) Development team in the Wireless Connectivity Group (WCG) within Mobile Wireless Group (MWG), responsible for delivering wireless solutions into the fast growing Netbook, tablet and adjacent markets. MWG, a division within Intel Architecture Group (IAG), is responsible for developing and shipping wireless products for Notebook, Netbook, Tablet, Ultra Mobile (MID), Entertainment and Embedded platforms.
Our team is looking for an experienced Linux Software Engineer to facilitate design and implementation of MWG Linux Wireless Products. Responsibilities of this position include participating in a small team environment to architect, design, implement, debug, test and deliver 802.11, Bluetooth, 802.16 and other Linux Wireless products of the future.
In this position, you will be part of the fast growing Linux software organization in the Wireless Connectivity Division (WCG) within MWG. This division is responsible for shipping silicon and software products for various discrete and multi-comm wireless technologies including WiFi, Bluetooth, .11ac and 60Ghz for several platforms across multiple markets delivered by PCCG, ECG and DHG teams w/in IAG. As part of this team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, documenting and delivering software solution stacks on Linux* OS. Your expertise in development of Linux preferably in the wireless networking domain will yield high performing, product quality software that is ready to ship to large OEMs, ODMs and OSVs. Your balance across product objectives and Open Source will be critical to deliver Linux based products across multiple platform reference designs developed by PCCG, ECG and DHG. You will also be responsible for debugging complex system issues across the stack including kernel, drivers, firmware as well as user-space modules.
You must possess a Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with minimum of five years or a Bachelor of Science degree with minimum seven years of experience. Additional qualifications include:
- Excellent SW development, debugging and testing skills in C and C++
- At least four years of solid Linux* software development experience
- Experience working on software development kits (SDKs) and/or well defined middleware modules
- Though experience on GUI work not required, a good understanding of usage models and translation of the same as requirements on an SDK interface
- Comfortable debugging issues in SDK and down into the driver
- Strong commitment to deliver on schedule and with high quality
- Technical leadership qualities to drive team of engineers to deliver quality software products
- Excellent knowledge of development models in corporate teams as well as open source
- Interfacing with Linux* distributions and OEM/ODMs for requirements, integration and issue resolution
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Experience interfacing and integrating with drivers (preferably networking drivers)
- Experience in middleware modules/interfaces for Linux networking/communication stacks would be an added advantage
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP, IPv4/IPv6, DNS, DHCP would be an added advantage
Go to http://www.intel.com/jobs/jobsearch/index_js.htm?Location=200000090 click "show search", type in the job number listed in this job description listed above then, click on search for jobs.
Feel free to call or send me an email if you have any questions. Thanks, in advance.
Direct Line: (503) 456-1879
Robertx.S.Kemp at Intel.com<mailto:Robertx.S.Kemp at Intel.com>
Q: Which country are you in?
A: Hillsboro, Oregon USA
Q: Will you take international applicants?
A: Yes, we could be open to international applicants
Q: Do folks need pre-existing work visas for your country?
A: Not necessarily.
Q: Is a relocation allowance part of the salary package?
A: Possibly. Would prefer local candidates.
Q: Can we telecommute?
More information about the Jobposts