[Jobposts] MySQL Database Administrator Opportunity - LiveOps (Santa Clara)

Jamie Saunders jsaunders at accolo.com
Wed Mar 11 06:46:32 UTC 2009

MySQL Database Administrator - Challenging DBA Opportunity

Tackle an engaging and challenging position as a Database Administrator
for LiveOps, provider of the only complete virtual contact center
solution. If you're an experienced DBA that has an interest in learning
MySQL systems, or are already a MySQL DBA with a desire to help drive a
complex MySQL implementation in a unique way, this is your chance. In
this role, you'll come up with new ideas for how to best manage a large
amount of data and have variety of work. We're a profitable and stable
company, but we're also still small enough where you'll really make a
difference as we push our company to the next level. Interesting
technology, an environment based on teamwork, and the opportunity to
work for a company that is the only one doing what we do all serve as
icing on the cake for this position. If this is something that excites
and drives you, apply today to join the LiveOps team.

As a LiveOps Database Administrator working from our Santa Clara, CA,
office, your mission will be to dive into our MySQL database
infrastructure. You will be on the team responsible for installation,
configuration, optimization, automation, backup, recovery, upgrades,
schema changes, SQL execution, and everything else. Your experience with
production, development, and QA/test environments will be put to use as
you become one of our go-to database resources. As a senior member of
our team you'll also be involved in long term planning, tool development
(which will include developing more complex automation scripts) and
architectural discussions and decisions. For success in this role,
you'll draw on the following skills and experiences that you've acquired
to date:

*	Senior level experience with database administration - MySQL
experience preferred, but not required. If you have a strong background
in another relational database system and want to expand into MySQL,
please apply!
*	Proficient in SQL (knowledge of MySQL quirks a plus)
*	Proficient in at least one scripting language - Ruby, Python,
Perl, etc.
*	Experience working on a Unix/Unix-like platform - Linux
preferred
*	Performance tuning experience

We need our database systems to be available 24x7 so your ability to be
on-call 50% of the time will be a requirement.

About LiveOps:

LiveOps is revolutionizing the world of work, starting with the virtual
call center. Our company has a world-class management team that includes
leaders from Genesys, eBay, Salesforce.com, Siebel, and Tellme - and an
amazing and enthusiastic engineering team that includes original
founders and engineers from Netscape/Mosaic, AOL, eBay and Microsoft. We
have built the most advanced on-demand call center platform anywhere to
help companies make their existing call centers more virtual.

We've not only established the future of distributed work, we've made it
a reality today. A privately held company backed by Menlo Ventures and
Benchmark Capital, LiveOps has been consistently growing revenue rapidly
and is led by one of the top visionaries in Silicon Valley Maynard Webb,
the former COO of eBay. Come join one of the most exciting companies in
the Bay Area and be part of a world class team building the next eBay
and Salesforce.com.

We are financially and strategically backed by Menlo Ventures, Benchmark
and CMEA. We have been profitable since 2006 with a solid financial
track record, and on a sound growth path to becoming a major player in
the contact center space.

To apply for this position or refer someone you know, please use our
online interview system managed by Accolo:

http://jobs.accolo.com/16532

Once you have completed the interview, your information will be
forwarded to the hiring authority for decisions on next steps.

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

Related Keywords:

MySQL, Oracle, Informix, Sybase, transactions, tables, database, DBA,
database administrator, database administration, production, data
warehouse, data warehousing

Jamie Saunders
Hiring Consultant

Accolo, Inc.