[Jobposts] WordPress developer wanted for VentureBeat.com
thisgirlangie at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 22:10:50 UTC 2009
Job posted today at http://venturebeat.com/2009/07/13/venturebeat-is-looking-for-awesome-developer/
As VentureBeat expands, we’re looking to hire a full-time Web developer to help build out some of the coolest projects for an online news site. Here are some of the qualifications and responsibilities:
* Must be a self-starter with intimate knowledge of web development, who is able to learn quickly, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and drive results within a team through excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills;
* Must have experience on the WordPress platform;
* Discipline in testing and quality assurance;
* Ability to produce easy to use, intuitive user interfaces from prototypes and wireframes, and lead the development for design (experience building consumer web application interfaces);
* Command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility;
* Knowledge of interaction design principles;
* Ability to think critically and provide recommendations for solutions or improvements;
* Meet regularly with product team to discuss release schedules as well as product strategy;
* Apply social media tools and channels (Wordpress, Twitter, Facebook);
* Manage the technical platform for the site, including hosting, coordinating with outside developers.
* At least 3 years professional web development (including dynamic database driven sites);
* Translating comps and wireframes into flexible and usable code templates;
* Rapid prototyping of new products and features
Ideally the candidate will also have the following:
* Visual design skills;
* Database knowledge (MySQL)
* Basic SEO knowledge;
* Knowledge of Google Analytics and other tracking tools;
* Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
* Describe three improvements you would make to VentureBeat if you were given two weeks to make them.
* Describe your most recent work: methodologies, sources, guidelines, and tactics you employed to improve the project. Please provide a description of the actual result and how many of your ideas were implemented.
How to apply: Submit your resume to jobs at venturebeat.com with subject line “developer”
(562) 547-4839 cell
angiechang at gmail.com
Women 2.0 » Co-Founder » http://www.women2.org
Bay Area Girl Geek Dinner » Rabble-Rouser » http://www.bayareagirlgeekdinners.com/
More information about the Jobposts