[Jobposts] Linux Kernel Development Engineer - Ocarina Networks, San Jose, CA
SWelch at OcarinaNetworks.com
Tue May 13 17:46:55 UTC 2008
Job Title: Linux Kernel Development Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
The world is experiencing explosive growth of digital content and unstructured data. The accelerating growth of user generated content, graphics intensive applications, and increased compliance requirements, combined with the increasing sizes of most file types is straining storage infrastructures worldwide. As a result, organizations are struggling to contain rising storage acquisition costs as well as operational expenses such as power, cooling and datacenter space.
A new solution is needed to optimize online content and reduce digital footprint.
Ocarina Networks is funded by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Highland Capital Partners, and is tooled up to pioneer the emerging file area network. Join our team and contribute to this industry-changing effort!
This engineer will be the "go-to" person for Linux kernel-related enhancements on the Ocarina Appliance, and will be a key member of a team that will design and implement the next generation of Ocarina's File Aware Storage Optimization line of products.
* Design and implement components of the Ocarina solution such as algorithms for block retrieval, data and metadata caching, lock hierarchy design, central lock manager, and similar features.
* Incorporate novel file layouts for optimal compression / retrieval latency.
* Optimize kernel components in the Ocarina Appliance.
* Work with the customer support group as needed to resolve kernel related issues.
* Make recommendations on what operating system and kernel the next generation Ocarina Appliance should be based on.
* Minimum 8 years of experience designing and implementing kernel components.
* Good working knowledge of operating system fundamentals such as: virtual memory, process scheduling, VFS, etc.
* Good knowledge of Unix filesystem semantics and filesystem concepts.
* Strong kernel-level programming skills.
* Working knowledge of NFS protocol and NFS semantics.
* BS in CS, EE or related field, MS preferred.
Travel required: none
Ocarina Networks will relocate a candidate with the right skills if the candidate is already located in the United States and has the legal right to work in the United States (U.S. Citizen, Green Card Holder, EAD Card Holder, Canadian with TN Visa).
To apply for this position, please email resume to susan at ocarinanetworks.com<mailto:susan at ocarinanetworks.com>. Ocarina Networks is an equal opportunity employer and values your individuality. For a complete listing of career opportunities at Ocarina Networks, please visit http://www.ocarinanetworks.com<http://www.ocarinanetworks.com/>. All of our open positions are Linux-based, except one which requires additional knowledge of Windows.
Human Resources & Office Manager
42 Airport Parkway
San Jose, CA 95110
Ocarina is hiring! Please visit our website at:
susan at ocarinanetworks.com<mailto:swelch at convenos.com>
Office: 408-512-2966, wait for the prompt, and then dial x2205
For driving directions to Ocarina Networks, visit:
More information about the Jobposts