[Jobposts] Requesting to Post a Position
yancyr at google.com
Tue Mar 11 18:47:51 UTC 2008
*Software Engineer, Google.com *
*This position is available in Mountain View, CA; Santa Monica, CA; New
York, NY; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; and Zurich, Switzerland, and Sydney,
*The area: Google.com Engineering*
With analytical and code-level troubleshooting abilities to spare,
Google.com's engineers are technology whizzes who love being in the centre
of the action. We tackle a range of complex software and systems issues,
including monitoring, responding to and safeguarding the availability of our
most popular services.
*The role: Software Engineer, Google.com - Sydney*
Are you part ace coder, part adrenaline junkie? Do you have a knack
forseeing a problem and immediately discerning the likely solution?
you've been coding for years, are bored with the old
design-build-review-test-ship- repeat routine, and yearn for some
faster-paced challenges? Or perhaps you're a seasoned software engineer who
is also a genius at jockeying networks and administering UNIX clusters.
We're looking for top-notch thrill-seeking software engineers to join the
Google.com engineering team. Google.com engineers are in the thick of
everything involved with keeping Google running, from code-level
troubleshooting of service anomalies to safeguarding the availability of our
most popular services; from monitoring and response to building
newautomation infrastructure to balancing the desire
for change management with the need for stability. All team members must
have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding, good
communication skills, and most of all enthusiasm for tackling the complex
problems of scale which are uniquely Google. We tackle challenging, novel
situations every day, and work with just about every other engineering
andoperations team at Google in the process.
In this role you will need:
- Expertise in coding, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service
- Strong understanding of IP networking, including the ability to
analyze network behavior, performance and application issues using
standard tools like tcpdump.
- BA/BS in CS, MS or PhD is preferred.
- 0-15+ years experience.
- 3+ years developing web-based applications.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in one or more of: C, C++, Java.
- Fluency in one of more of: Shell, PHP, Perl or Python.
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band
- Solid working knowledge of Unix, preferably Linux.
- Tack-sharp analytical abilities.
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Fluent written communication and unusual verbal agility are strong
- SQL experience a plus, MySQL a plus.
- Experience leading short projects involving outside teams is a plus.
Technical Sourcer, Google Inc.
Mountain View, California U.S.A.
Office: (650) 214-2797
More information about the Jobposts