[Jobposts] MySQL DBA
mgauthier at imagemoversdigital.com
Fri Aug 22 01:10:03 UTC 2008
ImageMovers Digital is a new motion picture studio in Marin County, California devoted to the performance capture films of Academy Award-winning director/producer Robert Zemeckis. Established in 2006, we currently employ over 200 employees and continue to search for talented individuals to join our company. We are currently in production on the new performance capture feature "A Christmas Carol" starring Jim Carrey as Scrooge and the three ghosts.
Please visit our website for a complete list of available positions at http://www.imagemoversdigital.com or email your resume to jobs at imagemoversdigital.com
Please note that due to the volume of resumes we receive, we cannot personally respond to all inquiries... we will be in touch if your skills fit our needs.
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!
MySQL Database Administrator
The DBA will work with members of the Systems, Production Engineering, and Research & Development teams to resolve issues related to the database, database instances, database-driven applications, and database hardware systems. The DBA must demonstrate independent initiative, strong troubleshooting skills, a desire for ongoing professional knowledge development, and will welcome the opportunity to take a role in proactively building and improving the systems in a collaborative, fast-paced, highly-creative film production studio.
· Provide software and hardware system architecture, design, implementation, support and tuning to create a stable, high performance, multi-database service environment.
* Identify and troubleshoot database performance issues, including application layer and system level analysis, to ensure optimal performance and scalability.
* Function as point person for troubleshooting MySQL server, database instances, DB API, and server system performance and administration-related issues.
* Provide script automation for performance monitoring, maintenance, replication, cluster status and failover operations, and disaster recovery mechanisms.
* Collaborate with development teams and systems engineering team members in implementing best practices in database and code design.
* Work closely with the system engineers and application developers to generate, implement and troubleshoot technical solutions, including the analysis and optimization of SQL queries, API design, and database functions.
* Support engineers and developers who depend on the availability and smooth operation of production database environments.
* Ensure 24/7 DB and DB API service uptime.
* Provide 24/7 escalated on-call support on rotation.
· Experience designing, developing, tuning, optimizing, deploying and updating multiple MySQL instances with critical 100% uptime requirements.
* Experience with database administration, storage management, database disaster recovery solutions, performance monitoring, tuning, database integrity & security.
* Experience with and knowledge of database programming concepts including SQL, stored procedures, and triggers.
* Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting the interaction between databases, operating systems, and applications particularly in the areas of performance and resource usage.
* Strong understanding of performance optimization at query, schema, service, OS, and hardware level.
* Willingness to expand knowledge base to fulfill technical roles in other development projects undertaken in a film studio environment and to work collaboratively with other departments.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and manage workload autonomously in a rapid-paced distributed environment.
* Experience administering MySQL 5.x in a unix/linux environment.
* 3-5 years experience in RDMS administration/engineering.
* BA/BS CS/Math/Engineering or related field is required.
* Proficient in at least one high-level scripting language (Python strongly preferred).
· Experience with federated architectures.
* Experience with multi-datacenter MySQL replication.
* Experience in database-driven application development in Python/PHP/Java.
* Experience with RT (Request Tracker), Bugzilla, or issue tracking software.
* Working knowledge of a monitoring software, e.g. MySQL Enterprise Dashboard, Nagios, Cacti, etc.
* Administrative experience with unix operating system, preferably a linux distro, especially Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x or greater.
* Knowledge of storage technologies with Linux: RAID, NFS, SAN, etc.
More information about the Jobposts