[Jobposts] Rock Star Sr. Linux Systems Admin position

Jeff jvier at liveops.com
Thu Sep 6 01:36:47 UTC 2007

Sr. Linux Systems Administrator

Position:

LiveOps is a looking for a rock star Sr. Linux Systems Administrator.
You will work as member of the Platform Administration Team and will be
responsible for maintaining and improving existing systems, planning for
and implementing new technology.

Responsibilities:

Key responsibilities include the identification and resolution of
hardware and software problems/malfunctions in the LiveOps IT
Infrastructure. Ideally, solutions should be amenable to automation
(where appropriate) and thorough integration with our in-house
monitoring system. Our environment requires 24x7 response to systems
alerts during "on-call" periods. In addition, this position will serve
as primary escalation point of contact for resolution of data center
service problems / issues identified by the NOC.

You will work closely with other groups (Engineering, NOC, QA, etc) in
the areas of performance analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure
planning. With the potential to affect the successful execution of
business transactions, effective communication is key.

Qualifications:

    * 2+ years of current Linux Systems Administration experience; Red
      Hat/CentOS preferred
    * 3-5 years UNIX Systems Administration experience, 2+ years in a
      24/7/365 high-volume environment
    * Experience with highly available solutions / architectures
    * Strong scripting skills – shell, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.
    * Experience with monitoring / metrics (we use Nagios, MRTG, Orca, etc)
    * Must have experience working with structured change management for
      a highly-available environment
    * Experience with Internet-oriented services such as web (apache,
      thttpd), mail (sendmail, qmail), DNS (djbdns, BIND, 3DNS)
    * Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
    * Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to
      team development, but able to work independently when needed
    * Ability to perform needs assessment and handle technical objectives

Additional Desired Qualifications:

    * System build & configuration automation experience – Red Hat
      kickstart, Puppet, etc.
    * Experience with centralized log analysis tools – splunk,
      syslog-ng, etc
    * MySQL administration experience
    * Some networking experience -- TCP/IP, Load Balancing, VoIP, etc
    * Some experience with the administration of networking hardware --
      Cisco, Foundry, etc.

About Us:

LiveOps is a pre-IPO company based in Palo Alto that is developing
exciting, new opportunities leveraging our “next generation” call center
model that utilizes the power of IP telephony and open source software
to redefine the economics of an industry that is hungry for long
overdue, paradigm-shifting innovation. Our powerful, ground-up-built
platform, coupled with our home-based, outsourced call center
infrastructure, puts LiveOps in a unique position to dominate this
rapidly emerging sector of the $200B call center industry.

We are financially and strategically backed by Menlo Ventures, Benchmark
and CMEA. We are profitable, progressive, and on a sound growth path to
becoming a major player in the call center space.

Work environment is casual, we have free drinks & snacks, and lunch is
catered twice a week. Occasional telecommuting is allowed (encouraged,
even).