[Jobposts] Software Architect and Technical Services Coordinator

Ted Blackburn ted.blackburn at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 7 11:23:02 UTC 2007

Good morning,
I am sourcing for the following positions for a law firm in D.C.  This is a great firm - I was an Administrative Manager at the firm and am now a Stay at Home Mom.  They have asked me to source for certain positions from my home!  This is a top tier firm!  If anyone is interested, please email me at ted.blackburn at mindspring.com or please call me at 781-223-6976.  I am responsive and will be very respectful of your time and will provide honest feedback.  I am not an agency!  Thanks very much:

Technical Services Coordinator:

Responsibilities:

STAFFING
• Provide management with input during the performance review process of Analysts
• Orient and train new members of the Technical Support Services team
• Monitor analyst skill levels and recommend additional training where needed
• Ensure proper coverage throughout the work day including staff absences and lunch breaks

WORKFLOW
• Monitor, prioritize and assign support requests to ensure all issues are handled appropriately, efficiently and accurately
• When appropriate, log customer calls, maintain records and capture final solutions in the call tracking database
• Ensure all equipment is properly managed through the Asset Tracking database
• Ensure customers are receiving status reports to customers throughout the life of a call
• Hold Analysts accountable for contributions to knowledgebase
• When appropriate, resolve or transition ticket escalations

ANALYSIS
• Provide management with daily and monthly reporting of technical support requests and trends
• Recommend improvements to departmental work processes

OTHER
• Research and write appropriate technical documentation on applications and processes
• Participate in our 24x7 on-call support rotation
• Other duties as assigned

Qualifications:
• College degree preferred
• Demonstrated ability to supervise a team
• Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations
• Law firm or other professional services experience preferred
• Proven customer service skills; highly customer focused, team oriented and results driven
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; must be detail oriented
• Skills in problem analysis, documentation and resolving IS problems, writing skills and a self-starter
• Tenacious problem-solver
• Highly advanced support skills within the Microsoft environment, specifically related to XP, Office, Exchange and Outlook
• Excellent organizational, analytical project management skills; able to work on multiple projects while meeting deadline demands
• Experience with Hummingbird or other Document Management Systems, Adobe Suite products, IE, HP laser printers, and general PC hardware
• Enjoys working with customers and teammates to solve problems; handles conflict in a collaborative and professional manner; mild-mannered
• Flexibility and desire to participate in on-call rotation and work evening and weekend hours when necessary

Title: Software Architect

Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm

SUMMARY:
As a key member of the Information Management Solutions team and Information Services Department, this hands-on position is responsible for leading and actively participating in the software development activities including key decisions regarding design, structure and configuration of our solutions. Through the candidate’s breadth of experience, the Architect is expected to utilize coding standards and best practice approaches to deliver custom, reusable solutions to our customers and ensure our relationships with key business partners are maximized.

DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish and maintain a standard approach to application development through the use of proven methodologies (i.e., RUP) to avoid lost code, missed deadlines and the recoding of functions that have already been developed
• Establish policies and procedures governing our application development work including how we work with our business partners
• Act as the lead resource for any outsourced work to ensure the code developed by our business partners meets our standards
• Conduct frequent design and code reviews of solutions developed by developers and key business partners to ensure that best practices are being followed
• Provide technical expertise in terms of software usage, functionality, performance, aesthetics and reuse as well as business knowledge on economic and technological tradeoffs
• Coordinate efforts of developers; Ensure project milestones are understood and documented with clear metrics identified for process improvement and impact on business operations or delivery of services
• Hands-on customization, or integration, of commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS) via APIs or other methods to meet business requirements
• Hands-on development of custom web-based solutions utilizing .Net framework, Sharepoint 2003/2007 and other approved development tools
• Provide weekly project status reports to the IS Management Team

EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS:

EDUCATION:
B.S. in Computer Science or related field

EXPERIENCE:
5+ years developing MS Windows applications incorporating workflow logic, data manipulation and complex object-oriented code for client/server and thin-client solutions. Proven background in enterprise application design and implementation. At least 5 years experience with one or more Object Oriented programming language. Demonstrated proficiency of troubleshooting techniques and detail-oriented problem diagnosis. Experience working with a product development team in an agile software development environment. Broad understanding of a spectrum of infrastructure technologies including operating systems, servers, security, storage and wide area networks. Experience as a consultant is highly desirable. Project Management experience a plus.

SKILLS:
Proven expertise in a broad set of web development technologies including: .NET, HTML, DHTML, ASP.Net, C#, XML, J2EE, JavaScript, Web Services and Sharepoint. Demonstrated ability to create applications that leverage and utilize both Microsoft .Net objects and MS Windows APIs. Working knowledge of relational databases and database scripting, preferably SQL Server 2000/2005 including ability to utilize views and stored procedures. Expertise in system modeling and architectural tradeoff analysis.
Superior project scoping experience to derive time, capital and human resource estimates within +/-10% consistently. Strong written and verbal communications skills. Proven leadership and mentoring skills in a team-focused environment. Excellent organizational and proven analytical and problem solving skills. A passion for excellence.

Ted Blackburn
ted.blackburn at mindspring.com
EarthLink Revolves Around You.