[Jobposts] Linux System Administrator - Portland, OR
Mark at edgelink.com
Fri May 11 18:44:44 UTC 2007
This Linux System Admin position is located in Portland, Oregon.
EdgeLink is seeking a solid Mid/Sr. Systems Administrator with heavy
experience in any Linux/Unix environment. Our primary datacenter
facilities all run Linux or Solaris platforms, and the majority of our
employees run either Linux or Mac OSX on their desktops.
Duties will range from production datacenter operations support, to IT
server support, IT desktop support (Linux, Solaris, Mac OSX, and
Windows), and Hardware (desktop, servers, network, etc.). This position
is 75% production datacenter support and 25% IT support. You must have
a solid background in Linux or Unix systems administration to be
successful in this environment. You will be working in an office
environment where you need to be both a team player and also able to
work independently on a task list.
May be required to work off hours (evenings and weekends) to complete
operational tasks that can not be completed during the work day. You
will also be required to carry a pager in support of the Production
Operations server environment in a rotating on call basis. You will
receive compensation pay for on call duties.
You must be a self-starter, interested in computers, networking, and
technology. If you are not interested in learning something new
everyday and expanding your skills and knowledge, you will not be a good
fit with us. We are a fast paced and dynamic team that values
intelligent and flexible workers able to adapt and learn new skills.
* minimum of 5+ years hands on experience with a Unix (or Linux)
* strong experience with command line utilities and shell
scripting (bash, sed, awk, Perl, etc.)
* solid customer service skills are essential
* you must be a self starter and able to manage multiple project
priorities and emergencies effectively
* a plus for experience with Mac OSX
* experience with hardware (laptops, servers, desktops, etc)
* works well in a team environment or independently
* effective communication skills (oral and written)
* heavy experience with Open Source tools and applications (eg
Apache, MySQL, Perl, MRTG, ZenOSS, OpenNMS, SystemImager, PHP, Nagios,
* the ability to mange multiple priorities and deadlines
* fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols (eg
DNS, DHCP, Ping, Traceroute, SMTP, etc)
* will be required to travel within the Portland Metro area on
occasion to the Datacenter facilities
* occasionally may be required to travel within the US (only a
few times a year)
* must be able to work in an office environment for extended
periods of time
* must be able to lift at least 40 pounds (rack mount servers,
etc) to head height
Lack of these certifications will not disqualify you as an applicant, as
long as you have similar fundamental experience and hands-on background
* CompTIA A+
* CCNA, CCNP, etc.
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, very generous Paid Time Off, and
a very friendly and relaxed office atmosphere.
For immediate consideration, please send resume or contact:
mark at edgelink.com
More information about the Jobposts