[Jobposts] Senior SW Engineer - Next Generation Distributed Systems

Darlene Tietgens tietgens at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Jun 20 22:18:16 UTC 2007

Position: Senior SW Engineer - Next Generation Distributed Systems
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job ID : RX1000023334

About Yahoo!
The Internet is a big, busy place, and we at Yahoo! are proud to stand
out in the crowd. As the world's number one Internet brand, servicing
over a half billion people, we're determined to maintain our commitment
to delivering news, entertainment, information and fun... each and every
day.

In order to maintain our position as one of the world's most trafficked
Internet destinations, we're always on the lookout for people with big
ideas and big talent to help us provide our visitors with the innovative
products and services they've come to expect from Yahoo!. We're looking
for people like you.

How Big Can You Think?

About BU/Product

Advertiser and Publisher group is responsible for providing solutions to
advertisers and publishers for all aspects of advertisements like
planning tools, inventory mgmt, forecasting, campaign management,
optimizations, reporting etc. with several billion transactions
happening every day.

APEX team is responsible for keeping Yahoo ahead of the curve by
creating a roadmap, architecting, and developing next generation of
highly scalable, flexible, and highly available distributed systems.

Job Responsibilities/The Role/The Job

As a team member you will have an opportunity of work on not one but
many of these systems as well as work with various cross-functional
teams to participate in entire life-cycle of the product.

You should have an experience and ability to evaluate different
technologies and architectural/design options and understand as well as
articulate direct and indirect impacts on integration of system,
inter-operability, migration of users, as well as scalability,
flexibility and maintainability of the systems.

Minimum Job Qualifications

* Strong experience in building highly scalable systems in C/C++ on Unix
* Strong in at least one Perl/Python scripting language
* Experience in search engines and/or ad serving systems is definitely a
plus.
* Experience with Databases, data mining, and storage systems
* Experience with building distributed, low cost, highly scalable, and
highly available enterprise server systems
* Excellent debugging and testing skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Fast learner - can quickly come up to speed with different
technologies and develop prototypes if required
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills to work with
various cross functional teams on multi-team projects
* Must have strong knowledge and keen interest in emerging tools and
technologies in the industry

Preferable Job Qualifications

* MS in Comp Science with 6+ years or Ph.D. in Comp Science with 4+
years of industry experience

To apply to this position:

Send an email to careers at yahoo-inc.com. Reference only the JOB ID number
in the subject field.  Paste a copy of your resume in the body of the
email.  Do not include your Resume as an attachment..

You may also apply directly online at Yahoo's career portal by clicking
on this link:

http://careerportal.resumix.com/pljb/yahoo/yahoo_jobs/applicant/jobClick
.jsp?count=1&id

Note: To create the url link, go to http://careers.yahoo.com
<http://careers.yahoo.com/>  and search for the specific Req. In the URL
field in the browser, go to the very end of the url address.  There is a
four digit number. Enter that number at the end of the static link url
address after the equal sign.  Make sure there is no space between the
equal sign and the four digit number.

http://careerportal.resumix.com/pljb/yahoo/yahoo_jobs/applicant/jobClick
.jsp?count=1&id=10079

Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to
search all of our openings, please visit http://careers.yahoo.com.

Please Do not Put My Below Contact Info. On the Job Posting!

Thank you!

Darlene Tietgens

Yahoo! Talent Acquisition Coordinator