[Jobposts] MontaVista Software Linux Support/Consulting Engineer position
cdangerfield at mvista.com
Fri Jun 1 18:10:49 UTC 2007
MontaVista Software is leading the charge in Mobile Linux, commercial
carrier grade Linux and enterprise products and solutions.
This position will be based in Santa Clara California
Please review www.mvista.com for further company information.
We have the following position available to support our key and critical
customers and the open source community.
Linux Support/Consulting Engineer:
Job Duties Summary:
Provide technical consulting and technical support for open source software
solutions for the embedded market included in MontaVista Linux and related
* Provide consulting to customers on their embedded applications and
* Respond to, troubleshoot and resolve technical customer questions and
issues about MontaVista Linux kernel,applications, and cross development
* Work closely with the development engineering team and the Open Source
community to ensure timely resolution of fixes to MontaVista Linux
* Proactively contribute to continuous product and process improvements
* Track customer problems from initial customer report to resolution
* Create and provide updates to a knowledge base to provide customer's the
ability to help themselves.
* Create and update support strategies, objectives and technology
requirements to ensure long term product supportability.
* As needed, create solutions to customer defects for both the customer and
the product as it moves forward.
Requisition # (provided by HR):
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
* BS in CS/EE or equivalent work experience and 3+ years of technical
development and/or support experience in Linux and/or Unix
* Knowledge of Embedded Systems
* Knowledge of Carrier Grade technology
* In-depth knowledge of compilers and debuggers.
* Real-time software or operating system programming using C is required
* Familiarity with firmware development, programming and debugging in an
embedded real-time environment is highly desired.
* Experience with different embedded architectures (x86, PowerPC, ARM,
xScale, MIPS, and so forth)
* Needs customer satisfaction emphasis
* Must be self-motivated, interested in working as part of a team, and able
to work in a distributed team
* Good communication and written skills
* May require 24x7 support and travel
Specialized Skills Required / Desired
If you are interested, please forward an updated resume to:
jobs at mvista.com
More information about the Jobposts