[Jobposts] Senior Software Engineer - Sunnyvale, CA

Skip Franks SFranks at Omneon.com
Fri Jul 13 21:00:32 UTC 2007

About Omneon

Omneon is a dynamic company providing innovative server and storage
products to the broadcast,

media and entertainment industries.

Join our engineering team to develop software for video products running
Linux on x86 platforms.

Our team builds systems that transform studio-quality content from
production to broadcast television,

Internet and Mobile formats, using a parallel-processing grid of
network-connected x86 processors to

transcode and process media at rates much faster than real-time.  We
also build soft encoders and

decoders for real-time ingest and playout.  We integrate and adapt
existing soft video and audio codecs,

rather than writing them from scratch, for formats such as DV, DV50,
DVCProHD, MPEG2, H.264, VC-1,

Flash, JPEG2000, MP3 and AAC.

Your initial assignment will be to develop our real-time ingest and
playout platform on x86 Linux, leveraging

our existing embedded infrastructure and soft codecs.  You'll work
closely as part of a skilled team to design,

spec, code, performance tune and unit test, and bring the product
through QA to successful shipment and

field deployment.

Qualifications:

You must have 10+ years experience in software for high-performance or
real-time video systems and a

Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS, CE, EE, or equivalent. The
successful candidate will also have the following skills:

*	Demonstrated knowledge and experience developing products with
video formats such as DV, MPEG2 and audio formats such as AIFF
*	Knowledge of movie containers including MXF, QuickTime and
associated development libraries
*	Demonstrated ability to conceive, design, implement and document
complex embedded software systems
*	Experience in developing or modifying C/C++ based real-time code
with knowledge of object oriented programming and advanced features of
C++
*	Strong design and analytical skills
*	Organized, thorough, and detail oriented
*	Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*	Strong individual contributor and effective team player

Please reply with updated resume to:

sfranks at omneon.com

Skip Franks
Staffing Consultant, Omneon