[Jobposts] Google job postings
kimlouie at google.com
Thu Jul 5 20:56:22 UTC 2007
Google is looking for talented software engineers! Please send the following
job listings out to your subscriber list.
Thank you in advance!
*Software Engineer, Linux Kernel - Mountain View*
Google is looking for world-class Software Engineers to help us develop one
of the world's largest and most impressive Linux cluster deployments. You
will have a chance to work on the unique challenges involved in building the
system infrastructure that powers our Web search engine, as well as our many
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (PhD a plus).
- Several years of software development experience.
- Extensive experience programming in C.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux Kernel programming.
- Knowledge of disk storage subsystems and device drivers.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Experience developing/designing large software systems.
- Experience programming in Python and/or C++ a plus.
*Networking Software Engineer - Mountain View*
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to work on next generation
networking systems, protocols & applications. You will help change the way
people think about Google and the Internet. The ideal candidate will have
strong system building expertise coupled with knowledge of networking
protocols and should be familiar with embedded systems or host network stack
- BS in computer science or equivalent. MS or PhD is a plus.
- Exceptional C++/C programming skills
- 3+ years experience in software/algorithm/protocol design,
preferably in networking protocols or distributed systems.
- Strong foundation in networking, and have developed systems in
several networking areas, including TCP/IP, Ethernet, and routing protocols.
- Linux experience preferred.
*Linux System Administrator*
We are looking for exceptional System Administrators, at all levels of
experience, to support our growing office and server infrastructure. The
ideal candidate is goal-oriented, has the ability to handle interrupts while
fluidly switching between several projects, and takes a "work smarter, not
- Configure system and network parameters.
- Monitor system stability and performance.
- Help develop tools to monitor and maintain systems.
- Ensure 24x7 operation.
- Rapidly scale systems to meet demand.
- Assist with corporate Linux desktop support.
- Write comprehensive documentation.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Multiple years of Linux or UNIX system administration experience
desired, but candidates of all levels will be considered.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Knowledge of webservers, firewalls/security, NIS/NFS, DNS, MTAs.
- Programming/scripting ability (bourne, bash, perl, python, C).
- Excellent verbal and written skills with outstanding customer
Email: kimlouie at google.com
Phone: (650) 253-2996
Google named #1 company to work for by Fortune Magazine
What's it like to be a Google engineer?
Top 10 reasons to work at Google
Google tools and services to be proud of:
More information about the Jobposts