[Jobposts] Senior Software Engineer - Linux/Cluster Developer

Dawn Bacigalupi DBacigalupi at Omneon.com
Fri Jan 12 23:42:42 UTC 2007

Senior Software Engineer - Linux/Cluster Developer

Job Code:  SAG112b

Location:  Sunnyvale, CA

Omneon is a dynamic company providing innovative server and storage
products to the broadcast, media and entertainment industries. We have
experienced tremendous growth to date and are actively looking to build
our team with high-caliber talent.  We are backed by well-respected
venture capital firms including Accel Partners, Advanced Technology
Ventures, Intel Capital, Invesco Private Capital, Lucent Venture
Partners, Meritech Capital and Norwest Venture Partners. Omneon Video
Networks is an equal opportunity employer with opportunities at its
headquarters in Sunnyvale, its Beaverton Oregon development office and
at regional offices throughout the world.

We have an opportunity for an experienced clustered software engineer to
join our team.  This position will be responsible for developing and
troubleshooting clustered storage and application software.  The ideal
candidate will have experience designing and implementing clustered
software on many levels, including storage virtualization, distributed
systems, remote synchronization, and redundant systems.

As a key member of the Engineering Team, you must have 5+ years
experience developing clustered storage and clustered application
software on Unix or Linux platforms, and a Bachelors degree in Computer
Science or related field.  The successful candidate will also have some
of the following skills;

*	Experience developing high availability applications
*	Experience developing distributed/clustered systems
*	Experience with performance optimization for low latency
applications
*	Experience with data replication and synchronization
*	Experience developing process management tools for distributed
applications
*	Experience with rules driven policy management systems

If this sounds like you, please visit our careers site and apply on-line
at www.omneon.com <http://www.omneon.com/>  or apply directly to
http://tbe.taleo.net/NA3/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=OMNEON&cws=1&ri
d=73

Omneon Video Networks is an equal opportunity employer.  Principals
only, please.