[Jobposts] Red Hat: JBoss Consultant

Nobuko Asakai nasakai at redhat.com
Sat Feb 10 17:37:49 UTC 2007

Hello,

Please find below description for JBoss consultant position at Red Hat
UK. Please note that Red Hat is accepting applications for similar
positions in France, Germany, and Italy.

In addition there are Linux consulting and other technical positions
open in the UK, please see http://www.redhat.com/about/careers/ for
details.

I am based in London in the consulting division of Red Hat. Feel free to
contact me if you have any questions regarding European openings in
consulting.

Best, Nobuko

**** Official Job Description *****

What began as a better way to build software in 1993– openness,
transparency, collaboration- soon shifted the balance of power in an
entire industry. Today, Red Hat, Inc is the world´s most trusted
provider of Linux and open source technology, headquartered in Raleigh,
NC. We provide operating system software along with middleware,
applications and management solutions. Red Hat, Inc also offers support,
training and consulting services to its customers worldwide and through
top-tier partnerships.
The revolution continues. As we are a strong growing company in all
units worldwide we are looking for qualified and highly motivated people
to join the ride. To support our team Global Professional Services we
are looking for you as:

			JBoss Consultant / UK (m/f)

Location: Guildford -- London

The respective candidate:
holds technical responsibilities such as problem identification, system
architecture definition,  design, implementation, testing, client
training, and deployment of open source solutions
is main point-of-contact for Red Hat/JBoss technical, strategic and
development information
is responsible for project management including project status, issues
and time reporting
uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full
understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires
evaluation of identifiable factors
demonstrates considerable judgment in selecting methods and techniques
for obtaining solutions
represents Red Hat to the customer and the customer to Red Hat

Requirements:

Very strong  Java/J2EE experience, in-depth knowledge of the J2EE
platform and at least one of the enterprise Application Server
(preferably JBoss, but WebLogic and WebSphere experience)
Knowledge of Hibernate and Tomcat
Being happy about having responsibility and making decisions
Ability to work as part of a young and dynamic team whilst demonstrating
flexibility, autonomy and a desire to make things happen
Fluency in English and willingness to travel (up to 70 %)
A desire to be part of a company that is redefining the entire software
industry.

Interested? I am looking forward to hearing from you. Please fill out
our application form at www.redhat.com or apply directly to
dunja.heinrich at redhat.com

--
Nobuko Asakai