[Jobposts] Senior Linux Engineer

Francesca Reinsma (c) freinsma at vmware.com
Sat Feb 10 00:31:36 UTC 2007

VmWare (www.vmware.com) is the world leader in virtualization software and we
are the fastest growing software company in the world.

We are looking for someone who is interested in doing Linux Kernel specific
Virtualization R&D, comfortable working with open and closed source software,
who has experience speaking at diverse fora and has made contributions to the
open source community. Sort of a "VmWare Linux Virtualization Evangelist".

This position is located in Palo Alto, CA but we're open to telecommuting and
international candidates.
Please contact Francesca Reinsma at freinsma at vmware.com or 650.475.5202.

Senior Linux Engineer

VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software for industry-standard
computers, is seeking top-notch software engineers with a proven track record
of delivering innovative, high-quality, high performance systems software.
We are looking for talented and highly-motivated individuals to work on Linux
kernel development as part of the virtual machine monitor group, which is
responsible for the CPU virtualization technology in VMware products.

Responsibilities:
You will have the opportunity to work on the Linux kernel in the context of
virtualization, on projects ranging from memory management, time keeping,
scheduling, paravirtualization, CPU virtualization enhancements like Intel VT
and AMD Pacifica, and performance optimization.
This individual must possess a very deep understanding of the Linux kernel
and processor architecture, including memory management, resource management,
and interrupt architecture.

Requirements:

Excellent knowledge of Linux kernel internals, including memory management,
resource management, and interrupt architecture.
Proven track record with large Linux development projects.
Significant contributions to the Linux/OSS community.
Extensive development experience working on low-level, performance-critical
software.
Strong background in computer architecture.
Strong software engineering background with a passion for delivering
enterprise-quality software.
Must be an excellent hands-on implementer with strong C programming skills.
Prior development experience with dynamic/binary translation or compilers is
a plus.
Strong knowledge of x86 assembly/architecture is also a plus.