[Jobposts] Linux Driver, Kernel, Application SW Engineers wanted

Tadpole Jobs jobs2007 at tadpoleventures.com
Thu Apr 26 15:53:18 UTC 2007

Send cover letter and resume/CV to jobs2007 < at > tadpoleventures.com

Tadpole Ventures
Los Angeles, CA
David H. Park, Managing Director

Be part of an experienced team of developers building a totally new
kind of consumer product. We've got an extraordinary group of people
driven by a cool company culture. Our goal is to build a product so
extremely badass that the competition simply gives up and goes home.

What we're building:
* A high-performance embedded system running Linux
* A totally new 3D embedded UI framework and set of applications
* A set of powerful desktop applications for Windows and Mac OS X

Obviously there's a lot more to our story than that, though the
portfolio company is in stealth mode right now so we're keeping
things low-key.

Here's a basic list of things you need to have:

* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (you can be weird
but we need to be able to talk to you enough to find out what you're
doing)
* 3 or more years of experience developing commercial or open source
software in C++, C#, Objective-C, or Java
* Some exposure to modern scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby
* A BSCS or BSEE degree, or equivalent industry experience

For embedded platform work you'll need:

* Driver development experience (things that would get our interest
would be networking, video, audio, unusual buses)
* Kernel building, patching, and hacking skills
* Hardware integration and new board bring-up skills (it would becool
if you were not afraid of an oscilloscope and you know what smoke
testing is)

For embedded UI / application work you'll need:

* Experience mixing assets generated by artists with programmatic
elements
* Exposure to modern 3D lighting, texturing, and shader techniques
* Embedded development experience, especially with alternate user
input devices like touch screens or soft keys
* A plus would be experience working in the video game industry (with
a desire to no longer experience working in the video game industry)

For desktop application work you'll need:

* Experience with one or more modern application frameworks such
as .NET, Cocoa, or QT
* Experience writing code to communicate with a back-end somewhere in
the cloud using SOAP, good old RPC, TAO, or something similar
* Exposure to 3D programming with DirectX or OpenGL

What you will get in return:

* Work in a challenging environment surrounded by an interesting mix
of experienced startup veterans and talented newcomers
* Market-competitive salary, participation in a stock option plan,
and a company health care plan

US Residents or Green Card Holders only.
Relocation benefits considered for qualified applicants.
No telecommute. Full time position w/options and benefits.