[Jobposts] Linux/Weblogic Systems Administrator - Santa Monica, CA, USA

Yu, Susan syu at edmunds.com
Thu Sep 14 22:17:11 UTC 2006

Do you have the drive?  Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for
automotive information, is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to
join our Application Operations team.  In this role you will be a key
member of the Application Operations team.  This is a crucial position
that will involve you in a diverse array of challenging projects and
mission-critical applications.  These projects will challenge your
ability to deliver world-class solutions.

Major Responsibilities:

*         Architect, design, and implement all production and
pre-production infrastructure solutions.

*         Work with application architects and software engineers to
define requirements and standards.

*         Develop and implement plans for deploying new services in a
highly automated environment.

*         Play leadership role in project planning, design and
implementation of new services and applications.

*         Work with the team to investigate and improve security as it
relates to applications and processes.

*         Test, and implement and research new technologies to support
the application architecture.

*         Maintain effective working relationships with other IT Staff
members, internal customers and technical staff at collocation
providers. Maintain professional relationships with all vendors.

*         Provide operational support for all of the company's
production servers and services.

Required Skills:

*         3+ years experience administering Linux/UNIX systems and
applications

*         In-depth technical knowledge of and experience with RedHat
Enterprise Linux or Suse Linux, preferably RHEL 3 AS/ES and RHEL 4
AS/ES.

*         Experience designing and deploying environments for J2EE
applications preferably using BEA Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss or ATG Dynamo.

*         Experience supporting and designing web applications using
Apache web servers and Oracle database servers.

*         Strong knowledge of UNIX scripting and automation

*         Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
the ability to produce usable and maintainable documentation.

*         Demonstrate problem solving abilities and initiative.

*         Ability to deliver projects on schedule.

*         Strong knowledge of networking as it relates to systems and
security.

*         Ability to provide a professional interface to internal and
external customers and vendors.

Preferred Requirements:

*         Experience building and maintaining custom packages using RPM
or Solaris.

*         Experience supporting Oracle Application Server.

*         Experience supporting multiple Linux variants (preferably
RedHat, Debian, Gentoo, Slackware, Suse)

*         Experience supporting Solaris, FreeBSD, AIX, HP-UX.

*         Oracle database administration experience preferably using
Oracle 10g RAC.

*         RedHat or Suse Linux certification.

*         Operational experience with Oracle 9i and 10g databases on
Linux.

*         Working knowledge of F5 BigIP load balancers.

*         Experience writing and maintaining Perl and/or C scripts or
applications.

*         Solid understanding of risk management practices (ITIL) and
how they apply to service level agreements.

About Us

Sure, our name ends in ".com" but we were founded as a publishing
corporation 19 years before our Web site was even launched!  While
Edmunds.com has the best consumer automotive content on the Web, we're
more than just an 'Internet' company.  Our comprehensive set of data,
tools and services are also licensed to third parties and used by over
15,000 car dealers.  We also supply content for the auto sections of
AOL, CNN.com, NYTimes.com and About.com.  For information on more career
opportunities, please visit our website at:
www.edmunds.com/help/about/jobs/jobs/index.html.

Benefits

Edmunds.com offers a cutting edge technical environment, competitive
salary and comprehensive benefits package including: 100% paid medical,
dental, and vision coverage for employees; 3 weeks of vacation; paid
holiday and sick time; matching 401K, stock options; 2 flexible spending
plans, tuition reimbursement, and a fun, friendly, casual environment.

To Apply:  Please submit your resume in MS-WORD/PDF format to
jobs at edmunds.com or fax to (310) 309-6466. Please send resumes only once
and no phone calls please.  EEO D/V/M/F

No Agency Calls or Submissions will be considered.

Local candidates only please. No Visa sponsorships are offered at this
time.

Susan Yu

Edmunds.com

Corporate Recruiter