[Jobposts] job posting
TDehnert at eastridgeinfotech.com
Thu Jun 8 07:26:32 EST 2006
Title: Network and Systems Administrator (Linux, Unix, Java, MySQL)
Location: San Mateo (Bay Area), CA
Contract, Contract-to-Hire position
Compensation DOE up to $50/hour
Since its establishment our client has contributed to the advancement of today's' most popular games and applications for mobile phones. Their products are available through more than 200 operator and distribution partners, including Cingular, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile, 3, Verizon Wireless, and Vodafone in over 60 countries worldwide.
This is a rapidly growing company where growth potential is infinite. They have an immediate need for a Network & System Administrator.
* Administer, maintain, and enhance Linux production and development servers and services.
* Monitor 24x7 production network, including pager duty.
* Troubleshoot and resolve problems.
* Install, upgrade, maintain and test hardware and software.
* Identify, implement, and evaluate configuration, process, service, and security improvements.
* Effectively communicate and work with internal developers and vendors.
* Minimum of 3 years of Linux administration experience. Solid understanding of Unix operating concepts (files, file systems, processes, service and log management, cron, users, permissions, I/O, devices, etc.).
* MySQL administration experience highly desirable.
* Working knowledge of administrating application using Apache, Tomcat, Java, mySQL environment
* Unix security principles, firewalls and ipchains, SSL and DNS.
* Experience with tools such as shells, SSH, make, rpm, rsync, etc.
* PHP/Perl/Ruby programming skills a plus.
* Very strong oral and written communications skills.
* Proven attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently yet collaboratively across organizations
Please email your contact information and resume as a Word doc to <mailto:tmd at eastridge.com> to be considered for this position.
More information about the Jobposts