[Jobposts] Software Engineer (Platform) position

Gabig, Jennifer jgabig at panasas.com
Wed Jan 25 02:37:00 EST 2006

Panasas, a privately funded company, is a highly dynamic, fast-paced
organization. We provide an environment of individual freedom with a
problem-solving focus. Candidates must be team-oriented, results-focused,
aggressive, and quality conscious. We are aggressively seeking high quality
individuals who enjoy the challenge of bringing innovative products to
market and building a dynamic enterprise company.

We currently have an opening in our Fremont office.  Candidate must work out
of this office.  We offer visa sponsorship.

Please see the below job description

This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the
FreeBSD operating system including device drivers. The job will involve
improving and enhancing the performance of the OS as well as device drivers.
The engineer will also drive and participate in the execution and
maintenance of operating system changes made at Panasas. Requires working
with members of the PanFS file system team to ensure that the operating
system provides the services and semantics needed to efficiently implement
the file system on FreeBSD. Also involves interacting with the Hardware team
on platform software and kernel issues.

Experience / Qualifications Preferred:

Qualified candidates will have 8+ years in Linux or FreeBSD operating
systems fundamentals, including previous hands-on device driver experience
in a Unix/C environment. Strong knowledge of the IA32 system architecture.
Experience with the FreeBSD buffer cache system and FreeBSD 4.6.2 is a plus.
Distributed File System knowledge and hands on experience with NFSv3 or
NFSv4 also a plus.

Minimum Requirements:

*	BSCS or BSEE or equivalent - MS preferred
*	Must have previous hands on kernel experience - especially in the VM
subsystem and the filesystem
*	A strong foundation in operating systems fundamentals
*	Strong background and working knowledge in Unix operating systems
*	Excellent communication skills

We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with pre IPO stock.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Non disclosure must be signed before the
interview.

Interested candidates should send their resumes to careers at panasas.com and
please reference this posting.

Jennifer Gabig
HR & Administrative Assistant, Panasas Inc
Accelerating Time to ResultsTM with Clustered Storage

www.panasas.com
jgabig at panasas.com
412-323-3500 (Office)