[Jobposts] Melbourne, Australia - support/junior sysadmin role

Jessica Smith jessica at obsidian.com.au
Tue Feb 7 16:32:53 EST 2006

Hi all,

Forwarding this on for my boss.  :-)

Cheers,

Jessica

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:  Looking for support/junior sysadmin staff
Date:     Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:25:02 +1100
From:     Kevin Littlejohn <darius at obsidian.com.au>

Obsidian Consulting Group is looking for a new full-time support desk
staff member, working out of our offices in Coburg, Melbourne.
Successful applicant would preferably have some previous experience with
telephone help desk in an ISP environment.  Any prior
experience with web development/hosting, Python, Linux systems
administration will be highly regarded.

Duties will include answering support calls for a small web hosting
environment, setup of linux servers and installation of software
packages, invoice follow-up calls, and some payment/accounts handling.
This position has the potential for expansion into systems
administration and/or programming, so would suit someone looking for an
entry-level Internet-related job with the chance to expand on their
skills over time.

Obsidian manage a web hosting system, and do software development for
large web-based applications.  We also develop and market a billing
system for ISPs and telcos.  We have a very friendly work environment,
and are most interested in employing people eager to broaden their own
skillset.

Please send resumes to jobs at obsidian.com.au in plain text, pdf, or
OpenOffice.org format only.

KJL