[Jobposts] Google: Linux/Unix System Administrator - Zurich

Marie Martin mariem at google.com
Tue Apr 25 01:22:16 EST 2006

Linux/Unix System Administrator - Zurich

This position is located our European Engineering Centre in Zurich,
Switzerland.

Google's Systems Operations team is seeking experienced system
administrators to help administer our large and ever-growing cluster of
search servers, and our internal server infrastructure. The ideal candidate
has the ability to handle interrupts while fluidly switching between several
projects, and takes a "work smarter, not harder" approach.

Responsibilities:

*	Configuration of system and network parameters.
*	Monitoring of system stability and performance.
*	Ensuring 24x7 operation.
*	Rapid scaling of systems to meet demand.
*	Development of tools to maintain and monitor the cluster.
*	Comprehensive documentation of our systems and processes.

Requirements:

*	BSc or MSc in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
*	3+ years experience with large Unix / Linux systems.
*	Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP networking and load balancing.
*	Extensive knowledge of webservers, firewalls/security, LDAP, etc.
*	Strong programming/ scripting ability (Python, Perl, bash, C).
*	Excellent English-language verbal and written communication.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of
your resume to  <mailto:jobs-zurich at google.com> jobs-zurich at google.com.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Linux/Unix System
Administrator - Zurich.

About Google:

Google's innovative search technologies connect millions of people around
the world with information every day. Founded in 1998 by Stanford Ph.D.
students Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google today is a top web property in
all major global markets. Google's targeted advertising program, which is
the largest and fastest growing in the industry, provides businesses of all
sizes with measurable results, while enhancing the overall web experience
for users. Google is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout
North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, visit
http://www.google.com/about.html