[Jobposts] programming opportunity at Staples corporate (MA, USA)

Raha, Malini Malini.Raha at Staples.com
Thu Jun 9 09:38:43 EST 2005

2 x Programmer (or Programmer + Sr. Programmer) opportunities with Staples'
Point of Sale team.

We're looking for Programmer Analysts (recent grads welcome) to join the POS
development team at Staples' corporate headquarters in Framingham, MA, USA.
We develop the software running on over 90,000 Staples' store registers
using a combination of VB (front end), C++ (network communications), and
Java/J2EE (backend). Join our team while we're at an exciting stage of
setting long term architectural goals for dual distributed/ centralized
processing, thin clients, and portable device usage.

Staples' has a great culture that includes personal development, promotions
from within, and flex time. A wealth of benefits' options are available
including maternity leave and onsite daycare.

Requirements:
- 'Swiss Army knife' set of skills - VB, C++, Java, SQL
- Nice to have - Websphere (WSAD/WAS), DB2, SQL Server, SOAP/webservices,
XML (esp. DOM parsing), socket programming
- This is not a senior level position, you are not expected to be an expert,
however you should be able to speak coherently to the interaction and usage
of technologies mentioned.

Feel free to send me your resume or have a qualified friend send me hers.
PRINCIPLES ONLY. Send resumes to: malini.raha at staples.com