[IndiChix] IRC planning meeting to promote FOSS among women in India

Satabdi Das satabdidas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 11:39:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

We are having an IRC meeting on Monday 29 April at 9pm IST to discuss how
we can promote FOSS among women in India. We will be meeting at
channel #wfs-india at irc.freenode.net

This is a first meeting among people who feel the need to have a community
for women in FOSS in India to help each other, connect with each other and
address common issues faced by us.
Although, no strict agenda has been fixed, a few topics which might be
raised at the meeting are -

 - why and if at all do we need a group to promote FOSS among women in India
 - how we can improve networking among women in software in India
 - how we can unite to address common issues faced by women in technology
in India
 - how we can help each other to build skills, expertise and grow
professionally and personally
 - if we can organize an event (something on the line of adacamp - (I
really love the idea)) in India.
 - anything that you wish to bring up to help the cause.

Please join in if you are interested.

Regards,
Satabdi

--
Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important
that you do it <http://bangalore.aidindia.org/>.