[IndiChix] Call for volunteers

Kadambari Devarajan kadambari.devarajan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 04:13:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:42 AM, VidAyer <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:

> Kadambari, on an tangential note, fossconf was announced so do you
> want to take the miniconf idea up with them. You could write to
> Srinivasan and Kenneth (organisers?) directly and use the Aussiechix
> links I had posted earlier. The Chennai lug is very active in local
> colleges and the students on the list can easily spread the word so
> getting women speakers should not be a big problem.  Since most
> organising and collaboration can be handled via email, irc or phone
> calls, presumably, it wont involve much on ground legwork except
> during the event. #linux-india on freenode is where a lot of chatter
> happens.

I'm part of ilugc (Chennai lug) and knew about the fossconf. I won't be able
to attend it - it's on Feb 27,28 and Mar 1 and at Thiagarajar College of
Engineering (Madurai). I'll be in Chennai for the next few months. I'll try
mailing Srinivasan and Kenneth (the ilugc flyer was by Raman, though) or
even better send a mail to the list including the mail you'd sent... Would
that be fine?
Sorry about the delay in replying. I've a bunch of exams coming up,piles of
pending research work, and a bunch of other things!
I'll make sure I reply asap, though.

Cheers,
Kadambari Devarajan.

--