[IndiChix] Call for volunteers

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 04:49:37 UTC 2009

Hi:

> @ Gayathri:  1.Regarding platforms -- Any platform that satisfies the
> "community contributes" criteria is good enough and in a
> volunteerocracy (read, the team that is doing the work) gets to decide
> that :-)  Its one thing for us (including  me) to suggest X, Y and Z,
> "do this/that"  but they are free to turn requests down if they dont
> have the time to learn a new technology, or cant find volunteers to
> help out with tasks. The last thing we want is people being
> over-burdened, especially when the community is small and growing,
> like ours.

Have been already contributing content at linuxchix.org.in, so count
me in for content editing. I raised a query if with the new direction
here on we wanted to continue mediawiki, choose a CMS or some other
alternative. Also have not heard from Barkha/ Aneesha/ Ankita/
Archana/ Runa. This is concerning as they all are good contributors to
LC-IN.

> 2. Hosting -- Its positive news, but the delay is mine. I need to
> collate things and will mail the list to vote on hosting.

Great! Will wait for your email to the list

> 3. Volunteering/backups --- Much better to have a team of people,
> rather than one or two with "super cow" powers. Precisely why there
> are 6 list admins...its certainly not because of the volume of work.
> So any LChix here who wants to learn the ropes, holler.

+1 to the formation of volunteer team but as your original email cited
there are going to specific tasks - administration, design, list
management, content editing. So perhaps when we volunteer we specify
interest area.

--
Gayathri Swaminathan
gpgkey: 3EFB3D39