[IndiChix] Is anyone on the list learnting PyQT ?

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 17:18:07 UTC 2009

Hey list:

A colleague of mine (Manish Chakravarthy) is pretty proficient with
QT, and I'm impressed by what he's told me about QT. I have wanted to
learn to use the Python language too.

I'm going to undertake a PyQT learning exercise soon, and had a few
questions in mind. Though I am a member of the Python mailing lists
and have several colleagues very proficient with Python, I'm asking
these questions here, since I feel there are likely to be a number of
people on this list who may look forward to a technical discussion.

1. Does anyone on this list use PyQT professionally ?
2. What have your experiences with using PyQT been ?
3. What learning steps would you recommend to a programmer ?
    (I've used the Java programming language in a professional
capacity for some years, and have also dabbled with Ruby, though I can
today only read the language).

Looking forward to an engaging discussion,

-- Sriram