[IndiChix] Unresolved issues [was] LC-india domain

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 05:57:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Vid Ayer <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Kingsly John
> <member+indichix at kingsly.net> wrote:
>>
>> I think Atul made it clear that they aren't going to give up on the domain.
>>
>> No point wasting further time on it, better work on the other options.
>
> *sigh* That is unfortunate and it would be nicer if they did the right
> thing and returned the domain to Linuxchix-India.

An observation: returning a domain is different from transferring
domain name ownership. I believe the latter is what you seek.

> Taking advantage of
> the lack of rules for local chapters and misusing the autonomy they
> provide to purposefully fork the group is not helpful at all.

If the lack of rules is a problem, then how about framing a code of
conduct ? I believe this is a separate discussion, and documented
thoughts on this matter would be of interest to community groups
worldwide.

-- Sriram