[IndiChix] Unresolved issues [was] LC-india domain

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 05:54:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Kingsly John
<member+indichix at kingsly.net> wrote:
> +++ Vid Ayer [2009-01-02 08:21:11]:
>
>> That said, I'd request people to stop jumping to conclusions and
>> fuelling or sidetracking the moot issue : how do we keep the
>> linuxchix.org.in domain with the project. Suggestions are welcome but
>> trolling, and nastiness is not.
>
> I think Atul made it clear that they aren't going to give up on the domain.

On the recent thread, there isn't an explicit refusal by Atul. We need
to have that on the list for the purpose of transparency and for the
record.

All that he has said is that members could go start off another group.

As a list, there is no confirmed explicit response stating that the
existing domain name owners will _not_ hand over the various rights to
those active list members who seek it.

> No point wasting further time on it, better work on the other options.

In the interests of setting a precedent for getting domain admin
rights to the active and recognized leaders of this list, I would vote
that we make documented and public efforts to get an answer from the
existing domain owners. We need to explicitly state just why we want
this even though the existing domain name owners have every legal
right to hold on to the the domain name that they have renewed.

If we don't get a response in a reasonable period of time, then we can
state that as well on the list, and then move to Plan B.

Having a written record of everything thing would only help us as a
community in the long run.

> Kingsly
> --

-- Sriram