[IndiChix] Moving on.... [was Re: [x-post] LC-india domain]

Kingsly John member+indichix at kingsly.net
Fri Jan 2 05:11:07 UTC 2009

+++ Mani A [2009-01-02 04:53:40]:

> I agree that the best thing would be to have
> 1 admin team
> 1 website admin team
> 1 mailing list team (though you just need to fix the rules ... )

The whole blah-admin/foo-team approach only works when you have a fairly
"large" full fledged active community. For now the "too many cooks" approach
is the best.  Once you have dedicated teams managing everything people get
used to/start expecting things served on a platter. And when the designated
"admins" don't deliver.. nothing gets done.

In the initial stages, Someone has an idea they propose it... and mention
what they can do about it and ask for help for the parts they can't handle.
OTOH blindly proposing grand ideas about which you cannot do anything about
and hoping to get someone else to do everything does not work, and neither is
doing everything by yourself right at the start.(though you do end up having
to do that quite often.)

You need to remember that not everyone is going to be ready to take on
complete responsibility from the get-go. For reasons from lack of time to
lack of experience/confidence to do it all by themselves. You need to give
everyone a chance at contributing in any small way they can. Every
contribution however small counts. The synergy is what makes a thriving
community.

Kingsly
     Kingsly At Users Dot SourceForge Dot Net  -- http://kingsly.org/