[IndiChix] [x-post] LC-india domain

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 16:18:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 5:30 AM, Archu <archu.oct at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I think the main point of this thread is to discuss, why/how to move to
> parent linuxchix domain.
>
> why -> better clarity and affiliation since locally we don't have a legally
> registered organisation for our group and we offshoot from the parent one.
> how -> this needs some home work from the list volunteers and admins,
> ofcourse with the support of all members.
>
> If anyone has issues with "why", we can discuss without finger pointing
> each other. This is really uncomfortable for everyone in the list.
>
> <request to all the members>
>
> Every new member would want to post some queries, when they just check the
> archives we have only flame wars, which is very discouraging. Many of us do
> not know more than 1 or 2 people in the list personally. So my humble
> opinion is stop judging people from few mails. Just because we can have free
> speech, doesn't mean we can e-mail any text. Please stop blaming each other
> for the actions due to personal interest/disinterest among few.
>
> When small stuff becomes big, the big ones doesn't exist. We keep talking
> about some online storage than the actual purpose in which we are here.
>
> </request to all the members>
>
> Thanks,
> Archu

Excellent Archu!

Thanks for getting us back on track. Now the "why" is clear, lets do focus
on the "how" part this year.

Perhaps work on efforts under two heads:

- Technical implications - meaning domain registration, hosting,
configuration, team along with identified roles.
- Functional implications - formation of interest/ focus groups ( keeping up
content, information, disbursing events, attending to media queries etc.,)
and identifying related roles.

Have hung out at Indichix for about a year now and think the lack of defined
"admins/volunteers"  does raise various concerns. Kinda like "too many cooks
in the kitchen" problem. This is good as everyone gets involved (don't get
me wrong) but the presentation/statement of issues, guiding discussions does
not happen well.

"All issues" are openly discussed in the list where our new members hang
out. Some discussions have "past" influences which sidetracks discussions
from the logical solution to the discussed problem.

Cheers,
--
Gayathri Swaminathan
gpgkey: 3EFB3D39