[IndiChix] Chapter update and request for india.linuxchix.org

VidAyer vid at svaksha.com
Tue Feb 10 14:39:50 UTC 2009

Hello Folks,

You may recall that a lack of response from the current domain owner
forced the Indian chapter to move to: http://india.linuxchix.org [0]
the official domain. Despite not getting a response from the admins
for backup dumps, Sriram and Ketan managed to retrieve[1] the wiki
contents and he sent a status update[2] regarding this.

We had asked for hosting sponsors on the list (and at this point I
want to say "Thanks" to all the Linuxchix who had contacted me
offering to host the Indian chapter). We did manage to get tons of
local support and all the offers received on the list were put to
vote[3] and the results are here[4].

Moving ahead, we now require the following for
http://india.linuxchix.org :  Please point the domain name's 'A'
record to point to '64.13.203.77'  (ping padegaonkar.name, just in
case)

[0] http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/indichix/2009-January/001442.html
[1] http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/indichix/2009-January/001503.html
[2] http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/indichix/2009-February/001506.html
[3] http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/indichix/2009-February/001525.html
[4] http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/indichix/2009-February/001555.html

I am mailing both Volunteers and Chapters lists (CC'd Indichix list)
since the chapters list is pretty low volume (recent events
notwithstanding :))

Thankyou folks,  for your patience, help and support !!

Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||