[IndiChix] Libre Labs for women

Ajay Kumar ajuonline at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 12:11:20 UTC 2008

HI Hassath,

> FAT has an office space which it will allow to be used for
such Libre Labs. However, it doesn't meet all the criteria listed
here.

Thats some good news :-)

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Vid A <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
[...]
> #1. Requirements :
> ------------------------
> 1.1 Libre computer labs equipped with machines and an Internet connection.

>The internet connection is there, but there is only one machine that
>they can spare at the moment. There might be more later, but no >one
>knows at what point. Anyone on the list who wants to
>donate/lend/arrange for more machines?

/me Raises hands!
I have talked to Google about it, they will confirm me by next week. So its
pretty early to answer How much? When? and Where? exactly at this point. But
I will update the list once I have more information!

>> 1.2 Centrally located within city limits.

>I don't know about 'centrally located', but yes, it's well within city
>limits. It's near the Jawaharlal Nehru University (towards the south
>western part of Delhi), in a residential area, not far from the main
>road, and well-connected by bus.

JNU is a good option.

>> 4.3 Delhi : Not much except I found a committed volunteer (again at
>> mukt.in) who is willing to help out with this.

>Would they be in a position to do the coordination and planning? I >can
>put them in touch with Gayatri, and they can come and
>check out the space, to begin with.
/me raises hands again.
I would be more than happy to work on it. But to be noted. I am not
physically located in delhi. 2 hours North of Delhi i.e. Panipat :-)

I will be commuting on the need basis :-) So, some help on that. I will try
push some of my friends in delhi on to with this..

Regards,
AJay Kumar

http://ajuonline.net