[IndiChix] [RFC] LC-IN Membership composition and participation

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:08:33 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 11:48 AM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runa.misc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Over emphasis on  getting the structure in place is for the following:
>
> @ Avoid Confusion about state of affairs
> @ Prevent Ad-hoc decision making and messages
> @ Providing a back-end infrastructure for the members interested in conducting various activities,
> events and other programs
>
> Kindly please comment on the above so that some order can be initiated in the process as soon as

Does LCIN need to have rigid rules. To me walking that path (of
heirarchy and governing bodies) seems a bit of an overkill.
Anyway, as for decision making and group messages, using the *mailing
list* to talk and keep people here in the loop should work very well.
Eg. If $grrl is working on $task, she announces it on this list and we
move on. If we have trolls on irc, she talks here if she does not get
a response from the server ops at LC, and then we proceed on case-case
basis. So, how can we keep it simple with more communication on the
list ?

Reg, the Advisory Group, the purpose of which is not clear atm....
While i welcome the participation of men in every aspect of LCIN, on
the list, irc, off-list and on all forums and meet-ups, its a -1 as
far as decision making or authority group is concerned. Women may make
mistakes, but they can learn from it. Nobody's perfect.

--
Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||