[IndiChix] A message for LC-IN

Hassath hassath at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:26:59 UTC 2008

Hi.

On Jan 27, 2008 5:25 PM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runa.misc at gmail.com> wrote:

> A few of us restarted a dormant group sometime last year. A group with enormous potential, resources
> and good thoughts. Right now I see a few small problems at hand and I *want* to solve them.

I agree. We have lots of potential. There are problems, and they need
to be solved. I am with you on that.

However, I don't think we need so much organisation and policies and
committees- at least right now. Let's see how many volunteers there
are to do what kind of work, see who will volunteer to coordinate
what, and go on from there.

As for

> opening up any discussions on the mailing list on this would have lead to
> confusion about leadership and potential conflicts.

I would say- have more faith in us. And even if there are any
conflicts, it's better to resolve them now, and out in the open, than
wait for them to fester.

Announce things, and discuss decisions to be taken here on the list-
there'll be enough support.

> Since it seems that the server hosting the current wiki is a critical box, I would vote for it to be
> shifted as there seems to be some plans afoot to make a website.

I agree whole-heartedly.

> I on my part would continue
> contributing to the wiki so that as and when a web team is formed, they do have ready content.

Sounds sensible and proactive to me.

I believe we can solve the problems, AND get work done. Together.

--
- Hassath