[IndiChix] Bangalore Meeting Minutes :: 2008Jan19

Archu archu.oct at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 08:29:30 UTC 2008

Thats a gud compilation of Minutes Vid :)

> ToDo/Goal : We need to discuss the merits/demerits of how LCIN is
> projected in the local press, especially in the mainstream media.

more than merits we need to know the de-merits to track down the
issues first. Please pour in the suggestions out here.

> 1] Our Website : www.linuxchix.org.in
> We got some feedback about the website :
>
> - Currently it does not provide requisite information to a visitor
> (who gets lost among the bytes).

We have the basic info about the list.. in the "About" page. But yes,
the site's design needs to be changed, since every college student or
a so called s/w enggs won't be aware of wiki and they just skip it
away.

> - information is not sequentially/logically ordered.

More than the design, this is more important. Once the design is in
place, we can take care of the order of data in the site, about
organising the data, I think one can come up with the basic framework
and then later get the comments and move on.

> - confusion about LC, LCIN and Indichix, whether they are the same or
> different entities.

Due to the name there in the site domain and actual list name this
confusion keeps meddling around. :-/

> ToDo/Goal :
> 1.1]  work towards creating a task based team (for design, content,
> etc) depending on skill/interest level to finish the website design
> and content quickly.

Volunteers.. webcontent developing is the most interesting job for any
newbie, since she can learn a lot abt content management   and how
stuff looks and works :)

> 1.2] find female sysadmin volunteers who will maintain the site.

I can do that with some help, though haven't done before.

> 1.3] Site Infrastructure : Currently Vaibhav is hosting it (thanks :))
> but none of the grrls here have ssh access. Since its his private
> server it may not be possible for him to do so. Hence I suggest LCIN
> looks for alternative hosting facilities which will allow us to
> complete #1, #1.1 and #1.2 listed above quickly.

sure, we can look for alternate options and get going. We can have a
discussion about the hosting and various options and come to a
conclusion. I don't think finance should be an issue here. Even if it
is we can sort it out.

Please come up with more critical comments as we move into a better site..

--
#Archu