[Indianlc] Linuxchix in Bangalore

priya venkateshan priyaven at M7aqosy5vuoezFUc0FuKKXCTeCXnLraoEGhrPZ_Ffu1gOFqsuFmjGD6OE7VHG7muL7vZ2HpFSnYcHsE.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 14 10:23:53 UTC 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 3:48 PM, Radha <radha.nitt at -9mmF5XNt0O6KFvjAbbiEXC55F6xJCirDYzJxulvsWOWCMDOpdnoQc6JxfT4sm92LH6lDY4mn1GpJi8mFEw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

>   Hi All,
>
> Why can't we run some OSS contest kind?
>
> We would ask students to come up with some problem and ask them a project
> proposal and put a condition that they could use only OSS.
>
> By doing something like this.. Linuxchix and OSS would be known among lot
> of
> students and many would google for open source software! I know for sure
> once they start using Linux they would get addicted!
>
> I understand this involves some finance support and everything. Once we
> start thinking together everything will fall in place! :)
>
> What do u think?
>
> Bye,
> Radha

Good idea. I guess that can happen after the talks and after sufficient
awareness has been created about OSS. If we motivate the students
themselves, they will conduct it during a techfest/technical symposium which
atleast a thousand other students will attend..... more sure-shot publicity
and awareness created that way.
For that matter, the talks can be given during techfests - the colleges will
be really happy they are having some quality lectures/hands-on, and good
number of participants is also ensured.