[Indianlc] mailman mailing list

Vid Ayer svaksha at 8DWMvXS0WA1LcqgeRyRoJhhGKp3hJBCzkowtfsBe2DvdL4ekOvEtLBOPjzSSymnJ61FcdsSbnw.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 14 08:12:01 UTC 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 2:51 AM, VaibhaV Sharma <vaibhav at e26N6EbBFOD9oA0bwcI72F6dw_U6BcDriMs5e9TspSoSA0PltKoOjVTV7B_4Izbt3de6dJEID0aOONhU3zPB.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Honestly, I vote to get some real work done. This mailing list change
> business is going to kick a lot of folks out of sync with the already
> thin activity.
>
> Yahoogroups is used by countless number of heavy activity mailing
> lists without issues. I personally started and manage a few of these.
> It just needs to be configured right.
>
> But then this is just my $0.02.

Being a community project for women, for it to really kick off there has to
be community (read, women) participation from every direction. This means
that women need to learn to make decisions,  take responsibility , and in
general be more pro-active as compared to the current passive role like
"being told what to do". I think that community making, group activity,
anything else should be done and suggested by the women here, not expected
of just the women who attended the BoF. A handful can kickstart it but  as i
had said at the BoF, we can only do so much. Its upto the grrls (and
supportive guys) reading this to take LC.IN ahead and decide the direction
in which the group wants to go. Since we are refresing the group it may take
longer and we may not always get it right the first time but hey we will
learn and do better next time, and I hope you will be there to cheer and
support us as always :-)

Re, mailing list, i know atleast one woman who did not want to join
yahoogroups due to spam and is waiting for mailam to subscribe, plus the
majority of women here have voiced their opinion, so we listen and mailman
it is :)
I shall ask Terri to go ahead with the same.

--
Thanks,
Vid